Let me see your gameroom. Setup PICS!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 PM

Default Let me see your gameroom. Setup PICS!!

Had to just take some photos to send off to my friend, so I thought it would be a good time to have a thread for setup pics. I looked and didn't see one already out there.

I'm interested to see what everyone is gaming on.

I've been working on a theater setup in my basement for the past couple years and it's finally where I want it.

Billbofet's Fortress of Solitude:

Old Pic of Batman Begins

Living Room (Cottage of Solitude):

Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 PM

Great idea billbofet. Make sure to post that in the home theater forum too. That's a really nice clean set of setups.

My pics were in there, but imageshack has removed most of them apparently, as I uploaded a long time ago. I should take nicer ones as I've since tied down my wires, and because of the fact that this is really a terrible picture.

Anyway, below is my favorite 52" toy and not shown is my 7.1

Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM

Little more info on the gear please! Bilbo - what speaks do you have for mains? The rear looks like you might be in the 6.1 setup? Rear center channel.
Your fortress of solitude looks like it has that feminine touch - so I can tell you are definitely married.. (are you?)

Badge- is that a Cerwin Vega Center? I have 3 cerwin pieces, but am selling them (great deal actually AT-12 pair for 200.00 and CC250 center for 100.00). What are your floor speakers? I'm selling my Cerwins' because I just picked up 5 x PSB Alpha C1's and have 2 Alpha B25's - so my 7.1 setup has never been more healthy.. I'm planning for Alpha T1's in the future as well as an HSU sub.

Must be nice to have all that room. My "theatre" area is only about 12' x 14' I have an 880 sq foot place and the basement is not finished yet... I bought it last year and tore it all down to concrete. I don't know what kind of house prices you guys have there, but here hooo boy. 2 blocks from my place an 880sq foot just exactly like mine went for 477,000. I got ours for significantly less because it needed lots of work.

Good thread.. interested to see more, and maybe I'll post our setup.. I'd need to get flicR though..
Old 02-06-2009, 02:53 PM

FYI: There's also a sticky for this exact subject in the HT Gear page as well. Just an FYI there, my pictures can be viewed off my sig

Edit
Badger, why do you have the PS3 & samsung bluray player? Is that a 1400?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:54 PM

Yeah my 7.1 is all Cerwin Vega. My fronts each have a 12" sub, and are probably 10 years old (although they look like the day I got them) - and they have such fantastic sound, that I bought the Cerwin Vega 5.1 to go with them (adding a 3rd 12" sub to the collection). I'm still renting for a year or so, and then once I buy a house, I'll setup a proper projection theater with some REALLY nice speakers, perhaps like the alphas you're talking about. This works more than excellent with games for now =)

The rest of my equipment there: Samsung BD-P1400, PS3, Onkyo 805, Samsung LN-T5271 LCD, and my Harmony 1000 (right below the blue light at the base of my tv)
Old 02-06-2009, 02:56 PM

It's a 6.1 setup and the speakers I have are Polk and I have an Infinity subwoofer behind the couch. My thinking was to just keep upgrading as I go. I started this back when HDMI receivers just coming out and 1.3a wasn't standardized so I went with a cheaper Panasonic XR-57. I don't think I'll upgrade the receiver until I go up to a 1080p projector, and I'm super happy with the sound as is right now.

I'm in Wisconsin where the property is relatively cheap compared to other metropolitan areas, they just rape you more on taxes here.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
FYI: There's also a sticky for this exact subject in the HT Gear page as well. Just an FYI there, my pictures can be viewed off my sig

Edit
Badger, why do you have the PS3 & samsung bluray player? Is that a 1400?
Yes that's also a great thread. This is good because I'm interested in seeing what our gaming buddies are spending time with -- it's less home theater oriented.

I have both the PS3 and bd-p1400 because I bought the bd-p1400 first - and it bitstreams to my receiver. I also have plans to get a second hdtv, probably a 46" Samsung LCD - so I'll eventually need one of them to play blu-rays on that.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 PM

sounds like a plan.. Hows that 1400 functioning for you? It's the only AV device I had constant problems with, it just didn't want to handshake correctly with my toshiba tv/onkyo AVR... Switched up to a 1500 and my problems were solved, my current 2500 still kicks the 1400's ass lol..
Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
sounds like a plan.. Hows that 1400 functioning for you? It's the only AV device I had constant problems with, it just didn't want to handshake correctly with my toshiba tv/onkyo AVR... Switched up to a 1500 and my problems were solved, my current 2500 still kicks the 1400's ass lol..
You know it's interesting, maybe because both it and my tv are samsung (and if I recall, wasn't your 1400 a refurb?) -- it works excellently. It's a little slower as its an early-ish unit, but I haven't found a disc it wont play yet. Probably every 2 or 3 months, I update the firmware for the heck of it
Old 02-06-2009, 03:06 PM

No, I got my 1400 brand new durring the bluray "firesale" in december '07.... I did end up sending it out twice for warrentee work on my product service plan, they never did solve the dropouts. It must be something to do with plugging it into a samsung tv because I sold it to a coworker that has a samsung tv and the darn thing is working flawlessly for him.