Anyone got any more information on Deus Ex 3??? IGN says less RPG, more FPS.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-01-2009, 05:34 PM

Default Anyone got any more information on Deus Ex 3??? IGN says less RPG, more FPS....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/949/949649p1.html

Can't say i'm pleased at this.

If this is true I hope they reconsider. RPG roots in Deus Ex is what made it great.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/949/949649p1.html

Can't say i'm pleased at this.

If this is true I hope they reconsider. RPG roots in Deus Ex is what made it great.
It pretty much seized to really be an RPG after the first. Invisible War was not much of an RPG but I loved it none the less. The Omar were awesome.

But JC Denton was the man in the original.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
It pretty much seized to really be an RPG after the first. Invisible War was not much of an RPG but I loved it none the less. The Omar were awesome.

But JC Denton was the man in the original.
Yeah, but 2 had enough for my needs, the exploration was cool etc.

JC was the man, I wish this wasn't a prequel and maybe actually explain what actually happens after 2. I think they should combine all 3 endings and make some comprimises, can't say I liked any of them.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
Yeah, but 2 had enough for my needs, the exploration was cool etc.

JC was the man, I wish this wasn't a prequel and maybe actually explain what actually happens after 2. I think they should combine all 3 endings and make some comprimises, can't say I liked any of them.
The world was pretty much fucked no matter who you backed up in Invisible War. The Omar would turn the world into a barren techno world, the Templars would return it to a medieval world, the Illuminati was likely the best but it controlled people through illusions and decreption... then you Had JC Denton who had merged with the AI and now wanted to merge all of mankinds thoughts together to make the world a collective intelligence.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:21 PM

The Second one was too hard for me so I hope it is more straight forward FPS.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 PM

I loved the second one despite what everyone else thought. I seriously wish the 360 had it on its BC list (it has Thief 3 and it's the same engine, wtf MS!?).
Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 PM

Me too.

I got Invisible War as a bargain.
I loved the airport area.

Great game, great graphics.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
The Second one was too hard for me so I hope it is more straight forward FPS.
It's attitudes like this that are causing the game industry to rot into a casual nightmare.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
I loved the second one despite what everyone else thought. I seriously wish the 360 had it on its BC list (it has Thief 3 and it's the same engine, wtf MS!?).
It's not that the second was bad, far from it. It's just that it had been seriously dumbed down from the original.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
It's not that the second was bad, far from it. It's just that it had been seriously dumbed down from the original.
I actually played 2 prior to 1. 1 was much deeper but I felt that 2 handled the RPG mission structure a bit better with various options and ways to do things. I also liked how the handled the powers in 2 better than 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
I really liked the 2nd to, I felt it did a good job for all it's faults. Considering there was nothing else like it and still hardly any games are I really dig it.

Shame it isn't on BC, huge mistep. Keep forgetting that it's one of the handful of OG xbox games worth playing.