Has anyone else stopped (or cooled off) trading/selling your games? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-01-2009, 05:17 AM

Default Has anyone else stopped (or cooled off) trading/selling your games?

I still sell/trade games I buy, but a lot less now than before (like a year ago). If it has high trade in value (close to what I can sell for) then I will trade, if not then I will sell. But Im usually really good in terms of buying games that I know I will enjoy, otherwise I rent it. So most if not all the games I buy Im happy with.

But I just realized over time that if I enjoyed the game, 9 out of 10 times somewhere down the road, I will miss it and end up buying it again.. And that makes me question whether it was even worth getting rid of it in the first place. Answer? 9 out of 10 times, no. It just causes more running around and extra unneccesary work.

So now I only trade or sell my games IF I do not like it, or dont enjoy it enough to warrant the price I paid for it. I get those odd ones that I wish I rented instead of buying - those are the ones I end up getting rid of.

Otherwise Im keeping 90% of my games from here on in. I mean I look back to the last couple years, and there are some games that Ive re-bought 5, 6, 7 times! Not at full price obviously, by this time theyre bargain bin prices, but still. My point is, it just wasnt worth the extra running around.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:29 AM

Yes, we know, Mr. "LBP sucks and I don't need to play it to know that; wait, no, LBP is awesome; wait, no, I just sold LBP because of all these problems; wait, no, I am now the proud owner of LBP again."

---

Anyway, no, I don't trade in games. I don't buy games lightly, and if I buy it, I'll probably at least somewhat like it. If not, it'll decorate my shelf. And I don't want to encourage the ripping off of developers that second-hand game sales entail, at least in the first 1-2 years after the game's release.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:54 AM
HDD Contributor

As a general rule, I don't sell games. I lose them, have them stolen, have them borrowed only to have said borrowers never return them, but I've only ever sold two games in my entire life, Suikoden 4 and Silent Hill 4. Those were the only games that ever disappointed me so much I knew that not only would I never play them again, I would not even look at them fondly on my shelf.

Everything else I've held on to.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:14 AM

I dont know why but I never got into selling and trading games. Every single game that I have bought I have kept. And thats going all the way back to the SNES.

I also stopped renting games a long time ago I havent rented one in ages.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Banned

I just started. Because a) I'm buying more games than ever, and b) Trade-in deals are getting VERY good here.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
Yes, we know, Mr. "LBP sucks and I don't need to play it to know that; wait, no, LBP is awesome; wait, no, I just sold LBP because of all these problems; wait, no, I am now the proud owner of LBP again."

---

Anyway, no, I don't trade in games. I don't buy games lightly, and if I buy it, I'll probably at least somewhat like it. If not, it'll decorate my shelf. And I don't want to encourage the ripping off of developers that second-hand game sales entail, at least in the first 1-2 years after the game's release.
Agree w/ this 100%
Old 02-01-2009, 02:00 PM

It depends.

For the most part, I dislike selling my stuff. However, since I was robbed some 8 or so years ago...my prize collection has since left me. I've kind of got "less attached" after it all happened.

My collection consist of stuff that I either love, like, or realize there's no worth.

*Looking at you Sudeki, Phantasy Star Online, or Fighting Force 2(came with arcade stick, but that too sucks ass).

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:19 PM

I think the last game I sold was around 13 years ago. I keep all the games I buy.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:51 PM

I seriously havent even bought any games in awhile.
The only game i got in the past 4 months was LBP.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:18 PM

I recently sold Infinite Undiscovery, Kingdom of Fire and Conan. The latter two I don't know why I bought them but they sucked. The first I was furious having on my shelf and it had to go.

With that money I picked up Bioshock on PS3 (already owned on 360 but I LOVE this game) and Disgaea 3. At least I don't feel like my money was wasted and it was given to studio's that deserved it.