Question about Xbox Live Arcade games and account - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-29-2009, 03:45 PM

Default Question about Xbox Live Arcade games and account

Okay, well I bought Funtown Mahjong while my mother was over yesterday because she is very much into that traditional mahjong type of game. It was bought under my gamertag.

I have another 360 that just sits in my closet and collects dust. I am just wondering is there anyway to transfer the game over and setup a gamertag for her to play on this other 360? She fell in love with the game, but my mother is not going to be going on xbox live to play and certainly will never play any other type of 360 game or arcade game. So its this title and only this title.

Just wondering what the options are for me. I am assuming I will have to setup a free xbox live account and buy the game for that console?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM

Not that I know of.. but maybe someone else does
Old 01-29-2009, 03:59 PM

I don't think there's a way to transfer the game over. This is because of the DRM that MS uses. I know it's possible to do with the PS3, as I got quite a few games from my friends that way...but not with the 360.

You might be able to talk to MS about getting a code if you explain your situation. Just a thought.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Banned

do both of these 360 have a hdd or something to hold the game? if that is the case what you can do is let her play offline on the console you bought the game with the same hdd and you can recover your gamertag on the other console and play on live. of course you won't have your save files but you can play online with your gamertag.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 AM

What ivan872007 says sounds right. Give her the console you bought the game on, recover your gamertag on the other console and play the game online (only online, unless you use the license transfer tool).