Gears of War Movie Will Be Like LOTR - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Default Gears of War Movie Will Be Like LOTR

Gears of War Movie Will Be Like Lord Of The Rings But "Harder Edged"

Quote:
Gears of War Movie Will Be Like Lord Of The Rings But "Harder Edged"
By Brian Ashcraft, 9:00 PM on Fri Jan 23 2009, 42,752 views

Live Free Or Die Hard director Len Wiseman is helming the Gears movie and co-writing it with Fast & Furious scribe Chris Morgan. And yes, Wiseman is not a gamer, but a grabber.

Admitting that he "sucks" at video games, Wiseman (pictured, with friend) happened on Gears when he was asked to select a video game to appear the background of a scene while making Live Free or Die Hard. "I said 'this one looks really, really cool whatever it is,' and it was Gears Of War," explains Wiseman. "I just really connected with it; the design of it the world, the whole thing. So I actually brought an Xbox 360 to start researching what it was."

Wiseman says he's more of a sci-fi fan and less of a horror one and will focus more on the science fiction element. That being said, he added he hopes to make Gears of War like The Lord of the Rings fantasy films.

"The hope is that were wanting to do a three movies and really cover the bases on everything," says Wiseman. "Basically a harder edged Lord Of The Rings."

A trilogy? More sci-fi? "Harder edged Lord of the Rings?! Well, it damn well better have a Hobbit train character and Hobbit giving each other high-fives. In space.

man, I hate Live Free or Die Hard.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:31 PM

So Marcus and Dom are going to be walking for nine and a half hours and then it will have 12 endings?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
Although it is weak compared to it's previous entries, Live Free or Die Hard is better then any Video game adaptation ever made. If Gears movie is on the same level as Live Free or Die Hard, it would be some kind of step forward for the game to movie adaptations.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
So Marcus and Dom are going to be walking for nine and a half hours and then it will have 12 endings?
lol, clerks 2.

I don't know, I think Double Dragon Movie was better than Live Free or Die Hard. Straight up and down.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 PM

i didn't mind live free or die hard, it wasn't great or even good, but it was hands down better than any vid game movie i can remember

i still wish they'd stop making video game movies, they're just never any good (or at least as good as the games they try to portray)
Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM

this is all true and it is about to get worse with this, Lost Planet, and Halo? :yuck:
Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM

"I can't carry it for you Mr Fenix, but I can carry you"
Old 01-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
this is all true and it is about to get worse with this, Lost Planet, and Halo? :yuck:
If Peter Jackson would direct Halo as it was originally to be, it could be awesome.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM

as bad as i think this will be, i have a feeling they'll totally ruin bioshock with the movie