New Megami Tensei game???? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Default New Megami Tensei game????

I got an e-mail from Atlus with

Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM
HDD Contributor

Yeah, I got the same e-mail. Although I don't think it's necessarily a "true" SMT sequel since it seems to have more of a comedy bent. And these days quite a few Atlus titles (like the Persona series) have the SMT thing tagged on the start. So it's probably Shin Megami Tensei: Something something Japanese something something rather than Shin Megami Tensei 4.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 PM

Kotaku has this to say

http://kotaku.com/5138388/atlus-teas...er-for-america

Quote:
Good work, Atlus. Your "Atlus Faithful" e-mail newsletter works like a charm, because every Kotaku reader and his mother just tipped us off to the near-existence of another Shin Megami Tensei game coming stateside.

The game? Well, we're not sure, since Atlus' only communication, outside of the teaser picture above was "???" in the e-mail subject.

But our best guess is the localized version of Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidō Tai Abaddon Ō, the PlayStation 2 action RPG and sequel to Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army. I mean, that certainly looks like Atlus mascot Jack Frost rockin' Raidou Kuzunoha's signature hat and casting a shadow on the Shin Megami Tensei logo.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 PM

I really want to find Devil Summoner and the Digital Devil Saga.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 PM

Atlus RPG? I'm in.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I have them both i'm at the end of devil summoner... like most SMT games they're great but the pacing is off... and the end got incredibly hard out of no where so i need to grind. I may go back we'll see.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
I have them both i'm at the end of devil summoner... like most SMT games they're great but the pacing is off... and the end got incredibly hard out of no where so i need to grind. I may go back we'll see.
Really? That's interesting. I'm just getting back into Devil Summoner right now and finding that I'm leveling like crazy. I thought it might be a tad too easy (well, by Atlus standards anyway) but if what you're saying is true, then yeah, I guess the rapid leveling is just a false sense of security before they lead you to the slaughter. Guess I'd better just grind up to level 99 to be on the safe side.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Both of them are easy to find just check your local GameStop, Amazon.com, or GameQuestDirect.com.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
Both of them are easy to find just check your local GameStop, Amazon.com, or GameQuestDirect.com.
Oh I could get em off ebay but I'd also pay through my ass... especially Digital Devil Saga 2.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM

I'm hoping it's for the DS game that recently came out in Japan. It looked pretty fun from the screenshots I saw.