Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Ghost Recon & more coming by March 2010 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-22-2009, 03:14 PM

Default Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Ghost Recon & more coming by March 2010

Quote:
Straight out of Ubisoft's Q308 earnings call comes news that Assassin's Creed 2 the not-so-secret sequel to the 6 million plus selling megahit will be silently leaping onto consoles "by March 2010" according to the Twitter feed of gaming gournalist Geoff Keighley Ubisoft's third quarter earnings report.

Ubi's forecasting for its 2009 fiscal year running from April 2009 through March 2010 takes "into account ... 7 franchise titles" including Assassin's Creed 2, the mysterious (still Xbox exclusive?) Splinter Cell Conviction, and Ghost Recon. Some quick finger-based math tells us that leaves four unannounced "franchise titles." Beyond Good and Evil 2, maybe? Red Steel 2, perhaps? Throw us a bone here!

Update: Ubi's CEO Yves Guillemot "mentioned a game that [he] wasn't supposed to mention" during today's conference call. Guillemot blurted out, "We have lots of products coming for the Wii next [fiscal] year. We have Red Steel" before apologizing for his indiscretion. We imagine a room full of PR reps rolling their eyes. Sacrebleu!
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/22/as...ng-march-2010/

I Hope Assassin's Creed 2 is better then the first but I did enjoy the first one tho. I cant wait for Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM

If they make Splinter Cell Conviction rely on collecting light spheres or something, I will personally drive to UBISoft Montreal (a 2 hour drive at best) and harass the employees.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Banned

I wanna see the new ghost recon.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:35 PM

You know I hated AC because of it's repetitive game play, so I sold it. But for some odd reason, I miss it.

I hope AC2 will have major improvements from part 1.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
You know I hated AC because of it's repetitive game play, so I sold it. But for some odd reason, I miss it.
Same here. I was so pissed I sold it. Damn....
Old 01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
HDD Contributor

I still have my copy of Assassin's Creed sitting on the shelf, I was able to grit my teeth through all the flag collecting and get the game finished. I'm just curious to see how they're going to continue the story. I have this weird love/hate relationship with Ubisoft's writers of late where I generally like the ideas and structure of their game stories, but I hate how they end them. Ubisoft seems to consistently always throw in some cliffhanger-ish element to a lot of their games recently and it annoys me to no end, ie, Prince of Persia, Beyond Good & Evil, and Assassin's Creed.

This is probably me sounding like a broken record, but at least Bioshock had enough class to give some closure rather than a cheesy, horror movie-ish "The End... OR IS IT?!?!?!?"
Old 01-22-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I still have my copy of Assassin's Creed sitting on the shelf, I was able to grit my teeth through all the flag collecting and get the game finished. I'm just curious to see how they're going to continue the story. I have this weird love/hate relationship with Ubisoft's writers of late where I generally like the ideas and structure of their game stories, but I hate how they end them. Ubisoft seems to consistently always throw in some cliffhanger-ish element to a lot of their games recently and it annoys me to no end, ie, Prince of Persia, Beyond Good & Evil, and Assassin's Creed.

This is probably me sounding like a broken record, but at least Bioshock had enough class to give some closure rather than a cheesy, horror movie-ish "The End... OR IS IT?!?!?!?"
I love the ending for Bioshock. I only saw the good ending but I thought it was touching.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:10 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I love the ending for Bioshock. I only saw the good ending but I thought it was touching.
I actually went for the bad ending when I was doing my survivor mode run, (which made things a lot more difficult since that meant no access to the hypnotize big daddy plasmid) and I have to say, it wasn't too impressive. The good ending for Bioshock felt like the intended ending, whereas the bad ending felt like something that was there simply for the sake of having a consequence play out for players who took the bad route. It was filler, it seemed to me.

In that sense, I kind of see Yahtzee's point from his original review, though of course, he was being hyperbolic for entertainment purposes. I think he was half right. The good ending isn't necessarily one that makes the hero out to be a total saint, but the bad ending really does go overboard with the "You're basically the anti-Christ" vibe.

All in all, I'd say you're not missing anything if you don't go for the bad ending.

That and I actually felt a genuine sense of guilt harvesting the little sisters, and man did that ever make me feel uncomfortable...
Old 01-22-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
That and I actually felt a genuine sense of guilt harvesting the little sisters, and man did that ever make me feel uncomfortable...
Same here man. I did it to one to see, then I reloaded and said, "I ain't doing that again".
Old 01-22-2009, 04:12 PM

Yeah i loved AC, but sitting on benches listening to people, pickpocketing and beating guys up to unlock the mission was really horrible.

Splinter Cell i hope to god they did justice to, DA just didnt do the multiplayer justice, the new athletics were cool, but the drones and people sitting on furniture and just flying them around was horrible because you couldnt break their necks. Also prefer the hacking straight from the console not hiding.

Recon i dont know if i care about, ive hated it since they switched from first person, something about hiding behind a fence and being able to see where people are without sticking your head out ruined the game for me. Also it kills seige mode, the fun of that mode was you have to really guard the base good but you also have to expose yourself to guard it, now all you do is hide behind a wall or a car or a rock and you can see everything without coming out a of cover or being visible. So so so so horrible.