Indiana Jones Game Cancelled - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-12-2009, 08:00 PM

Default Indiana Jones Game Cancelled

UPDATE: Almost immediately as I surfed to my next news source I found this which has thickened the plot

Quote:
Joystiq has contacted LucasArts for an official statement and things don't appear so cut-and-dry.

According to a LucasArts representative, "LucasArts remains absolutely committed to the Indiana Jones franchise. While we are aware that fans have been eagerly awaiting additional information on the upcoming game, they can rest assured that details are forthcoming."

Well, that doesn't sound like the game is dead, although there's certainly wiggle room in that quote to speculate that the long-in-development title has been killed with another taking its place. Of course, that would just be our old friends Rumor and Speculation stopping by to say hi.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/12/de...iana-jones-ga/

Original Post:

Quote:
Gaming blog IGN has heard from multiple sources (both internally at LucasArts and elsewhere) involved in the long-in-development Indiana Jones title for Xbox 360 and PS3 that the game has been cancelled. If true, this should come as no real surprise as the game has gone dark for nearly the last three years, and with its total absence at last year's E3, this seemed like it was only a matter of time. PlanetXbox360 has not reported on the Indy game since late August of 2006 (video trailer).

The official word from LucasArts public relations is the usual "We don't comment on rumors or speculation" line, but we're hearing from our sources that the game is indeed canceled.
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_5547/

Unfortunate, if only because I thought the tongue and cheek humor of the 2006 video trailer showed a return to classic LucasArt form, and the idea of a Indy Jones game which combined the cool aspects of the ragdoll physics introduced in the trailer and Force Unleashed combined with the good old fashioned action/puzzle combination of gameplay seemed cool.

What I want, assuming Ghostbusters and (if it is not cancelled) Indiana Jones could sell well, would be a Back to the Future game. I imagine a GTA-style "open-world" Hill Valley, where you can drive the Delorian around travelling through time to different time periods of Hill Valley; thus opening up the opportunity for Chrono-Trigger-like time travel puzzle solving elements. Just a thought
Old 01-12-2009, 08:18 PM

Not canned but I wouldnt care if it was
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM

TT is still working on a follow up to LEGO: Indiana Jones which we'll probably hear more about at E3. Potential release would be late 2009-early 2010. LOL...not that is much of a consolation to those wanting a more traditional realistic Jones game.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:57 AM

they would've just thrown in some aliens at the end and made the plot ridiculous