PS3 gaming with a 360 controller (update) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-11-2009, 12:44 AM

Default PS3 gaming with a 360 controller (update)

Anyone who doesn't like the dualshock has an option (without modding the controller or using Linux) to play PS3 games with a 360 controller now. Here is a link:

http://www.totalconsole.com/servlet/...adapter/Detail

I've ordered one just today, so I'll leave feedback after I receive it!

Update: Shipped 1-12-09

Last edited by WhiteDevilMan; 01-12-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 AM

Nice! I would love to be able to do this for Killzone 2!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:07 AM

Very interesting, let me know how it is. One thing that concerns me from the videos is that one might have to play it wired instead of wireless. I wonder if that's the case.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
Very interesting, let me know how it is. One thing that concerns me from the videos is that one might have to play it wired instead of wireless. I wonder if that's the case.
From what I read and saw, I think you do have to have it wired in. But for someone whom using the dualshock is actually painful to use (like me) going wired is a very small price to pay. I'm going to test and see if I can use a wireless controller with the plug and play kit too. One thing I'm dying to try (and hoping it works) is that it will work with PS2 games as well. If so, I have a HUGE library of games to go back and try!

EDIT:

I've read a bit more on other sites where the manufacturer has been quoted as saying it will require a wired controller. Still haven't found out if it will work with PS2 games or not.

Last edited by WhiteDevilMan; 01-11-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevilMan View Post
From what I read and saw, I think you do have to have it wired in. But for someone whom using the dualshock is actually painful to use (like me) going wired is a very small price to pay. I'm going to test and see if I can use a wireless controller with the plug and play kit too. One thing I'm dying to try (and hoping it works) is that it will work with PS2 games as well. If so, I have a HUGE library of games to go back and try!

EDIT:

I've read a bit more on other sites where the manufacturer has been quoted as saying it will require a wired controller. Still haven't found out if it will work with PS2 games or not.
I'm guessing you prob don't have a history with playstation consoles? I personally love the playstation controller design. I would much rather play most games with my dualshock 3 than my x360.... but, I'm mostly a fighting genre fan.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Well, I would love to use this product, but I have a feeling that like XCM's endeavors before this putting the mouse and keyboard support to the 360, this product will not work very well. So, I'll wait to hear what people have to say about it before I get too excited.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash View Post
I'm guessing you prob don't have a history with playstation consoles? I personally love the playstation controller design. I would much rather play most games with my dualshock 3 than my x360.... but, I'm mostly a fighting genre fan.
I've been gaming since the Atari. I've hated the dualshock from the day it came out. And I hate it now more than ever for various reasons.

On a side note, I was looking at more items from this company. Check this out:
http://www.totalconsole.com/servlet/...-sniper/Detail

This item wil let you use the dualshock 2 on the 360 (in addition to a mouse and keyboard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwoodJD View Post
Well, I would love to use this product, but I have a feeling that like XCM's endeavors before this putting the mouse and keyboard support to the 360, this product will not work very well. So, I'll wait to hear what people have to say about it before I get too excited.
I think you're talking about the item I just linked to, right? Where are the reviews on that as to how it performed?

Generally, I'm a slow-paced gamer. I like slow games with in-depth stories. (However, I do love Halo (1), Gears, and others along with GTA and Assassins Creed, etc.) So if the 360 controller on the PS3 doesn't work for twitch gaming, I won't be too upset.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:32 PM

Too bad they don't have a PS3 - XBOX360 convertor.
I'm in the need for one. Mostly because of my Hori FS3 and a crushed XBOX360 controller
Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
Too bad they don't have a PS3 - XBOX360 convertor.
I'm in the need for one. Mostly because of my Hori FS3 and a crushed XBOX360 controller

Check this out, then. It allows DS2 and a bunch of other peripherials to work on the 360 (like steering wheels and more).
Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevilMan View Post

Check this out, then. It allows DS2 and a bunch of other peripherials to work on the 360 (like steering wheels and more).
Thanks. But it only works with PS2 peripherals. The FS3 is a PS3 arcade stick however.

Stinks, that PS3 and XBOX360 controllers aren't natively compatible to each other device, although both are USB.