Fable 2: Knothole Island DLC available January 13 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Default Fable 2: Knothole Island DLC available January 13

This and Fallout 3 DLC this month. Good month to be a 360 owner.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2009/01...ble-january-13

Quote:
Lionhead Studios has announced the, delayed for technical reasons, downloadable content for Fable 2 will be available on January 13. Fable 2's Knothole Island (800) will add new quests, items and shops to the Game of the Year award winning world of Albion.

For those who do not plan on picking up the extra content, Lionhead has also revealed a new title update will be available on the same day, which we all hope will finally cure the game of its own STDs (or bugs if you want to be PC about it).
Old 01-08-2009, 04:25 PM

should anyone feel the need to unload a 360 for a charitable cause (giving it to me cause I cant get one yet) I would happily take it off your hands.....

........anyone?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:34 PM
HDD Contributor

I'm definitely feeling the pain on the Fallout 3 DLC.

Although I also have a sneaking suspicion that it'll probably be available in a year or so.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I'm definitely feeling the pain on the Fallout 3 DLC.

Although I also have a sneaking suspicion that it'll probably be available in a year or so.
Speaking of delayed content on the PS3...

I see you've been playing a lot of Bioshock lately. What do you think?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Speaking of delayed content on the PS3...

I see you've been playing a lot of Bioshock lately. What do you think?
I really enjoy it. I'm just going through the survivor mode to get my Finished on Hard, Finished on Hard with disabled Vita-Chamber, Finished Survivor, Finished Survivor with disabled Vita-Chamber and Platinum all in one go.

But I already played through the main game and DLC and got all the other trophies and I have to say, (although perhaps this is just me and all those English and Philosophy courses from university talking) that the game really does seem to be a light, but scathing criticism of Ayn Rand's Objectivist philosophy. Everything from the Andrew Ryan reference to Atlas, to "Who is Atlas" posters in reference to "Who is John Galt" from Atlas Shrugged to Ryan's basic philosophy of a "superior" kind of selfishness all are consistent with Rand wrote in her novels. Except that Kevin Levine goes one step further and says "And here's why it doesn't work in the real world," with all the issues of ambition and greed brought up between Ryan and Fontaine. I also really like how Levine messed with the notions of Agency in games and how you doing stuff in the game because the game wants you to ended up actually having a major thematic element in the overall story.

As with many others, my only real critique of the game is the ending (but not to the problematic level I had with Prince of Persia), simply because it felt like it was rail-roaded to its conclusion. It seemed like Levine just rushed the ending because they HAD to end it soon, rather than letting unfurl naturally the way so much of the rest of the game did. It was also a little disappointing that the endings lacked a moral ambiguity option; you were either totally evil or totally saintly, and after the complexity of issues Levine had tackled throughout the rest of the game, falling back on Black Hat/White Hat for the ending was a minor letdown.

However the actual gameplay is hard to criticize. You get a playground with all kinds of wonderful toys to mess with, so you're really only limited by how devious you are with combining plasmids, weapons and tactics into some truly creative ways to kill things. Pretty much a necessity in survivor mode where any head on confrontation is stacked against you unless a lot of softening up occurs before hand through said intelligent use of tools.

All in all though, it's pretty clear to me that Bioshock was deserving of the accolades it got in 2007. But then I was also a fan of System Shock 2, so I was ready to like this game from the start.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 PM

how many hours of gameplay will this fable dlc have?
roughly of course
Old 01-08-2009, 09:27 PM

Holy shit. That will be 1600 MS for me, this month. I'll be in the need to download Knothole (Fable2) + Raising Hell (Overlord).

Only god knows if this will be the end (or if my brother forces me to download Worms HD and some other games, costing me a fortune )
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 AM

Sweet. January 13th is my birthday.

Thanks for the bday present Pete and crew.

I love playing Fable every few weeks to see the hundreds of thousands of dollars in gold my slumlording has netted me. This just gives me even more reason to keep going back.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Nice a few more days to wait.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 AM

Tuesday can not come soon enough, I am pysched for this DLC!!!

I wonder if I can get a new dog though, being that mine is dead