EA 'Sports Complex' for PlayStation Home - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2009, 01:47 PM

Default EA 'Sports Complex' for PlayStation Home

This looks pretty cool;

Quote:

From the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas comes big news for PlayStation Home. EA officially announced its plans to launch the EA Sports Complex in the Home Beta this spring, the first Home space from EA.

EA and Sony have been hard at work to create a space that both casual and hardcore gamers will enjoy, allowing Home users to play exclusive new EA Sports multiplayer games, meet EA Sports fans, check leaderboards and watch EA Sports trailers. And better yet, EA is currently working with Sony with further PlayStation Home support, with announcements coming in the future.

For now, take a look at the EA Sports Complex trailer to whet your appetite, and stay tuned for more CES coverage today and throughout the week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...ystation-home/

If you watch the trailer you can see they have a poker game to play which may break my Facebook texas holdem addiction
Old 01-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Yeah - saw this too and was going to post it in the home thread...I can see where this is heading, and i like it...The Red Bull area is supposed to be up this week, i think, too...

Regardless, yeah...mp texas hold'em....schweet...I wonder what kind of 'exlusive' sports game they will have..I wonder if that means in Home, or..available for purchase through PSN or what..

anyways - pretty cool...I like where this seems to be going.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:35 PM
HDD Contributor

That does seem like a good idea. Personally, not caring much for EA sports or poker, this actually has little appeal to me, but I can see how others would actually use Home more often for it.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
That does seem like a good idea. Personally, not caring much for EA sports or poker, this actually has little appeal to me, but I can see how others would actually use Home more often for it.
What would pique your interests? I know you are a huge Rock Band player....i think..right? What could they, in your opinion, implement from like a rock Band/Guitar Hero/Music genre area that would get your attention to at least check it out once a week or so?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
What would pique your interests? I know you are a huge Rock Band player....i think..right? What could they, in your opinion, implement from like a rock Band/Guitar Hero/Music genre area that would get your attention to at least check it out once a week or so?
Would be pretty cool if they actually did support like that, where people who own the game etc could hold rockband tournaments in the central plaza while people who don't own the game could watch. Support from games like that would be awesome
Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Yeah, I'm big on the Rock Band, that's a correct assessment, so yes, some Harmonix related stuff would be a draw to me. But generally speaking, I enjoy most genres of gaming, just not sports or gambling style stuff. I'd like to see more of the promised game spaces such as the Warhawk or Resistance rooms as well, and I would definitely be interested in an "adventure space" for upcoming titles like Heavy Rain, or even promotional spaces for lesser titles like Nat Geo's Africa, or Aquanaut's Holiday if that ever gets localized for English gamers.

I'm going to check out the Red Bull space once it's live as well, it's just that EA happened to pick the two genres of gaming I have the least amount of enthusiasm for.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
O_o

It looks really cool, I hope they launch official jerseys and a Madden area in time for Madden '10 this summer. Leaderboards going to be fun and game launches. I was hoping to see ESPN sports segments versus 15 second trailers looping all day on those Bravias in the Sports Complex lol
Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Yeah, I'm big on the Rock Band, that's a correct assessment, so yes, some Harmonix related stuff would be a draw to me. But generally speaking, I enjoy most genres of gaming, just not sports or gambling style stuff. I'd like to see more of the promised game spaces such as the Warhawk or Resistance rooms as well, and I would definitely be interested in an "adventure space" for upcoming titles like Heavy Rain, or even promotional spaces for lesser titles like Nat Geo's Africa, or Aquanaut's Holiday if that ever gets localized for English gamers.

I'm going to check out the Red Bull space once it's live as well, it's just that EA happened to pick the two genres of gaming I have the least amount of enthusiasm for.
How about a Rock Band'esqe area where you could create your own tunes, on a scaled down version - say like 5 or 6 instruments. People could isten, share and vote..maybe the top 5 songs could be downloaded to play on Rockband. Maybe like once a month - change the instrument selection..One month, you could have stringed instruments, another country - slide guitars and fiddles, another month you could have like African percussion..

May not be able to import stuff like that to play on the actual game - but maybe download them free into your music folder and listen to the tracks you like around the house or during games that offer custom music.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 PM

That looks pretty fun. Like it be sweet to see your teams scores and stats and stuff!