Far Cry 2 is Ugly - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Default Far Cry 2 is Ugly

Ugly isn't the right word, it's too harsh, but the graphics are very average to me.

Maybe it's because I expected more. Anyway I have the PS3 version and I am not impressed. I hope the Xbox 360 version is better looking than this, if not, the console versions of this game is poor. Maybe the lead system for development is 360 and that's why it's so poor on PS3. I'm gonna look for some screenshot comparisons. If you guys know of any please let me know.

It's a fun game, but I can't say it's pretty! Especially online, it's even worse.

What do you guys think of the graphics?

I'm not getting the 360 version because I don't like XBL all to much
Old 01-08-2009, 01:29 PM

I bought it on impulse and liked it better than I thought I would. Still wouldn't say it's great, but worth bargin bin price.

I kept hearing the graphics were stunning, but I didn't think they were anything special. I can only guess whoever said that was talking about the PC version on a beefy machine.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM

the visuals were pretty nice to me. I thought the game was pretty dope. I saw it on the 360, havent seen the ps3 or pc versions although I havent heard there being much discrepancy between ps3 and 360 on this one
Old 01-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

I think maybe you guys are confusing far cry 2 with far cry. far cry used to be like crysis back in the day.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM

I think Far Cry is beautiful. I have it on for the 360 and its running on a 50inch Panny 800u and I think it looks beautiful.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:47 PM

It has a really harsh contrast art style. I remember when I first put it in my PS3 I had the same response but further into the game things grew on me. You may also want to try bumping up your brightness in the game a bit.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:50 PM

My immediate impression of Far Cry 2 is that it set the mood and environment of Africa down to a tee! I was very impressed. The Fire animations are spectacular.

But then the bullshit came in. Characters talking like they are on fast forward... they talk too fast, too much navigational BS, terrible enemy AI in the sense that they unrealistically know where you are all the time which makes it cheap. Clunky controls (which can kill a shooter) etc...

I plan on eventually finishing it but I am disapointed.

UBISoft was not able to pull off the magic Crytek managed to pull off with the original Farcry on the PC.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:00 PM

yo mama.

well, I would have to disagree, I think it looks quite good especially considering it's so open... If you compare it to uncharted or MGS - then it probably shouldn't hold up, as those two are the top of the class, but if you compare them to a sandbox type game like mercs2 or GTA, it definitely excels.

Here goes Snad again with the fast talking. Anyone have this on PS3? Cause I have no idea what he's talking about...

in any event - I love this game.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
My immediate impression of Far Cry 2 is that it set the mood and environment of Africa down to a tee! I was very impressed. The Fire animations are spectacular.

But then the bullshit came in. Characters talking like they are on fast forward... they talk too fast, too much navigational BS, terrible enemy AI in the sense that they unrealistically know where you are all the time which makes it cheap. Clunky controls (which can kill a shooter) etc...

I plan on eventually finishing it but I am disapointed.

UBISoft was not able to pull off the magic Crytek managed to pull off with the original Farcry on the PC.
I hear ya on the ai. I absolutely loved this game, the story especialy grew on me, but the ai and enemy animations were horrible. I remeber I was being shot at and one of the soldiers that was shooting me wasnt even facing my direction
Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
yo mama.

well, I would have to disagree, I think it looks quite good especially considering it's so open... If you compare it to uncharted or MGS - then it probably shouldn't hold up, as those two are the top of the class, but if you compare them to a sandbox type game like mercs2 or GTA, it definitely excels.

Here goes Snad again with the fast talking. Anyone have this on PS3? Cause I have no idea what he's talking about...

in any event - I love this game.
Google it. I'm not alone on that one.