CoD:WaW or L4D - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 PM

Default CoD:WaW or L4D

I'm thinking of getting a new game. Anyone that's played both have a recommendation? Pros cons of each? Which has a better multiplayer? I'm a huge WWII buff so CoD is where I'm leaning...but I love taking a shotgun to a zombie's head.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 PM

I haven't tried World at War, but I do own Left 4 Dead for PC.

I can honestly give Left 4 Dead a two-thumbs up of approval. If you have friends that have Left 4 Dead, then it is the most obvious choice (quoting some publication: playing L4D with 3 friends is as close to gaming nirvana as you can get)
Old 01-02-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
I'm thinking of getting a new game. Anyone that's played both have a recommendation? Pros cons of each? Which has a better multiplayer? I'm a huge WWII buff so CoD is where I'm leaning...but I love taking a shotgun to a zombie's head.
I would rent both before deciding, if it's a tough decision. Gamefly will give you ten days for free, or $6.95 for the first month, if you are interested.

https://www.gamefly.com/member/reg3c...=n&dftppt=2711
Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 PM

Honestly, if you've already played COD4 and COD2, I would get Left 4 Dead. I'm not saying World At War is a bad game, but it plays very similar.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM

L4D is really good, but until the DLC content comes out, it's kind of sparing on how much bang you're going to get for your buck. Right now, there are only 4 campaigns, (each takes about 20 - 25 minutes to finish, a piece), and only 2 of those work in the Versus MP. WaW has oodles of content out of the box, including the leveling system, plenty of MP maps, 4 player co-op and Zombie Nazis, and is the game that has spent the most time in my 360, this holiday season. However, like others have suggested, I would either rent both, or just rent Left 4 Dead to see if it's even your cup of tea.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:51 PM

Single player I would say CoD:[email protected] Problem with that game are that it is CoD4 with a WW2 skin on it. The guns don't act like WW2 guns they are more similar to modern day ones.

L4D Single player felt kind of boring. I'm sure it would be fun with 4 people, but by yourself I would recomend passing.

I havn't played either online so I can't comment on the MP asspect.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
L4D is really good, but until the DLC content comes out, it's kind of sparing on how much bang you're going to get for your buck. Right now, there are only 4 campaigns, (each takes about 20 - 25 minutes to finish, a piece), and only 2 of those work in the Versus MP. WaW has oodles of content out of the box, including the leveling system, plenty of MP maps, 4 player co-op and Zombie Nazis, and is the game that has spent the most time in my 360, this holiday season. However, like others have suggested, I would either rent both, or just rent Left 4 Dead to see if it's even your cup of tea.

Ehh, even if you play on Easy they take a good 30 minutes..now Expert on the other hand is a pain in the ass, yet fun.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 AM

WaW definitely its a great game with awesome SP and MP and the Zombie mode is awesome(though it doesn't compare to L4D though) and since you are a WW2 buff (as am I) its a no doubter
Old 01-03-2009, 04:22 AM

i havent played l4d, but if youre a WWII buff then go with COD plus it has a nazi zombies level and online mode. so youre actually gettin WWII and killing zombies with WaW. plus i love the multiplayer on cod, levels are great.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrex View Post
Ehh, even if you play on Easy they take a good 30 minutes..now Expert on the other hand is a pain in the ass, yet fun.
They don't take 30 minutes if you're playing with a group that knows the way to go and knows what they're doing.