streetfighter hd remix,worth the money ? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-01-2009, 04:49 PM

Default streetfighter hd remix,worth the money ?

i wasnt sure if revisiting street fighter was such a good idea,as i have fond memorys of it and dont want the bitter taste of being left astounded at how badly something has aged.i recently downloaded sensible world of soccer on the 360 (i adored this game on my amiga) and it was terrible,just terrible.so whats peoples opinions on the sf2 hd remix ?

thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
i wasnt sure if revisiting street fighter was such a good idea,as i have fond memorys of it and dont want the bitter taste of being left astounded at how badly something has aged.i recently downloaded sensible world of soccer on the 360 (i adored this game on my amiga) and it was terrible,just terrible.so whats peoples opinions on the sf2 hd remix ?

thanks in advance.
I picked it up on Ps3, and to be honest with you... it's the best $14.99 I have spent in a long time. Especially if you have some of your old high school buddies hanging around that you used to mash in the arcades with long before you knew what you were really doing.

I will admit that it's quite embarrassing how bad I have become at this game over the years. Obviously I need to polish my game before I attempt to play online again
Old 01-01-2009, 06:16 PM

If you are even a semi-fan of SF, it is well worth the money, IMO. Nice graphical upgrade, good controls, good balance of characters, solid online match-making, etc.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

Its exceptional. Its the best pick up and play DLC (play for 15-20 mins) that I've ever DLed. The remixed version fixes some of the more annoying balance quirks of the original, and the HD sprites are very vibrant looking. Its really fun. I usually play tournaments as Bison and win 90% of them. Its great. Best DLC next to Braid, IMO. Though Braid really was the best DLC this year, IMO. But get SSFIIHD Remix on the PS3, because the 360 dpad is absolute garbage.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:23 PM

bloody hell boys i didnt realise it cost this much to download.no wonder they use "points" instead of the actual /$ lol.oh well,might as well start the new year off with a decent game purchase im dreading seeing how crap i have become at this though.granted,i was nothing spectacular when i played it in the arcades but it must be a5 years since i really played this game thanks for all the replys to

its 360 or nothing for me TLG,but i do agree the ps3 d pad is superb compared to the bloody 360 one.can you use analogue ?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
Its exceptional. Its the best pick up and play DLC (play for 15-20 mins) that I've ever DLed. The remixed version fixes some of the more annoying balance quirks of the original, and the HD sprites are very vibrant looking. Its really fun. I usually play tournaments as Bison and win 90% of them. Its great. Best DLC next to Braid, IMO. Though Braid really was the best DLC this year, IMO. But get SSFIIHD Remix on the PS3, because the 360 dpad is absolute garbage.
I can actually pull off moves better with the 360 d-pad versus the PS3 d-pad for some reason. But, anyone who wants to be somewhat serious about the game will want to quickly migrate to an arcade stick.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned

Have you ever tried to play a 2D fighter with analog? I used to, but you lose so much precision, and certain charge moves become 80% more difficult to perform. You really should get the PS3 version, if you have one.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:39 PM

my only working console is the 360 (quite worrying really lol) and the ps3 has been replaced with a standalone blu ray now.i play all games with analogue now.from footie games to platform.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:37 PM

i must be the only one on this blue planet that likes the 360 dpad. Also, i cant stand arcade sticks.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoshido View Post
i must be the only one on this blue planet that likes the 360 dpad. Also, i cant stand arcade sticks.
You are not alone.