Which console do you use most? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 AM

Default Which console do you use most?

I am pretty new to gaming, but have in the last year bought a PS3 ( 80 gig motorstorm version), a Wii, a ps2 and just bought an Xbox Pro Holiday bundle on boxing day. I have the Ps3, wii, and Xbox 360 all hooked up to my plasma, and have the ps2 in the kids room. The ps2 is a great value in my opinion, cheap small unit, games are dirt cheap and there are tons of them used.

My two young kids love the wii, my wife and kids love Singstar, but I am more of first person shooter type.....and have picked up all 3 Halos for the 360.

My question is for those that have many consoles which do you find yourself playing most on?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM

I use my 360 for gaming. And my PS3 for blu ray although Im probably going to buy Killzone 2 when it comes out.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 AM

I bought my ps3 for the kids to play on (that is the official excuse) the fact that it had a bluray player was just a BONUS for me....lol...well that is the bill of goods I sold the wife anyway......when I bought Singstar she was hooked.....( I just gave her singstar Abba for Christmas)......anyway.....I then picked up some cheap ps2 games that play on my ps3.....then a new ps2 for the kids room.......then a wii, now an 360.

Anyway.....I am not sure how much I will use the 360 as most of my games are for the ps3 and ps2.....but I know I am going to start with the Halo series ( I have the three of them ready to go)......it will be interesting to see how the ps3 compares to the xbox 360 pro......I have noticed that there seems to be plenty of used Xbox titles available used at better prices than ps3 games.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 AM

At the moment, I use my PS3 far more than my 360, although my backlog of games I haven't touched yet are all 360 games, so give me a month.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 AM

I play primarily on my PS3, but when a good exclusive comes along, I fire up the 360 and play. I don't have an Xbox Live Membership anymore and right now there aren't any games that make me NEED one, so I will remain unmembered.

I bought CoD4 on my PS3 and have played that for multiplayer, which I don't need an XBL membership for. I bought Gears of War 2 and had spent some time playing that.

However, I am sure that if I had bought CoD4 and Rock Band 2 for my 360, I would probably be spending more time on the 360, but the PSN is free, my friends are there, so I chose to buy my multiplayer games for PS3.

Your results may vary. I want to pick up Braid, but haven't yet. There are still a few games I need to get through on my 360, but I am waiting for Killzone 2. I don't want to get involved in any game knowing KZ2 is coming.

Maybe I will buy Bioshock for PS3... since that has no multiplayer, and is cheap, that may be good to invest in.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:36 AM

You should get gamefly for a month, first month rental is $6.99 and give it a try on the 360 exclusive games like Gears, Left 4 Dead and so on. Even though i love Halo, overall i use my PS3 a lot more.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 AM

Use my 360 when I game. Got a standalone blu ray player and moved the PS3 into my oldest sons room for my kids to play.The Wii is in my youngest sons room with the ps2. He plays the ps2 often but the wii is collecting dust lol. Its sad when the kids wont even touch the system anymore.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireb0x View Post
I play primarily on my PS3, but when a good exclusive comes along, I fire up the 360 and play. I don't have an Xbox Live Membership anymore and right now there aren't any games that make me NEED one, so I will remain unmembered.

I bought CoD4 on my PS3 and have played that for multiplayer, which I don't need an XBL membership for. I bought Gears of War 2 and had spent some time playing that.

However, I am sure that if I had bought CoD4 and Rock Band 2 for my 360, I would probably be spending more time on the 360, but the PSN is free, my friends are there, so I chose to buy my multiplayer games for PS3.

Your results may vary. I want to pick up Braid, but haven't yet. There are still a few games I need to get through on my 360, but I am waiting for Killzone 2. I don't want to get involved in any game knowing KZ2 is coming.

Maybe I will buy Bioshock for PS3... since that has no multiplayer, and is cheap, that may be good to invest in.
Definitely get Bioshock. It's worth every penny.

For me, the Wii gets the least play time. The PS3 and 360 are pretty much half and half.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:06 AM

I own PS3 and Wii, my PC is only used for CS now...oh and a DS.

My PS3 is played A LOT, Wii is only played for Mario Kart and Brawl.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 AM

I own two 360s, a PS3, a Wii and all my old consoles (except I lost my SNES sometime).

I use my 360 for gaming, and some netflix. I use the PS3 for Blu-ray and some gaming.

The Wii is a good party machine but that is about it.