Socom 3 help PLZ - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-30-2008, 12:03 AM

Default Socom confrontation help PLZ

Okay, so i keep trying to download the 1.20 patch for socom and it keeps giving a error has occured, and wont download the f-ing patch. I thought at first it was maybee the wireless getting interupted but now i have it hard wired and its still doing it. Does anyone know a fix for this or run into this.

Im really starting to get pissed after waiting 15 mins for the game to mandatory install and then waitng another 45 mins for the new firmware to update now this is happening and all i want to do is play my new fucking game.

Also has anyone played Jeopardy or the new commando game or whatever it is thats out on PSN, and are they good.

Last edited by itputdalotion0n; 12-30-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itputdalotion0n View Post
Okay, so i keep trying to download the 1.20 patch for socom and it keeps giving a error has occured, and wont download the f-ing patch. I thought at first it was maybee the wireless getting interupted but now i have it hard wired and its still doing it. Does anyone know a fix for this or run into this.

Im really starting to get pissed after waiting 15 mins for the game to mandatory install and then waitng another 45 mins for the new firmware to update now this is happening and all i want to do is play my new fucking game.

Also has anyone played Jeopardy or the new commando game or whatever it is thats out on PSN, and are they good.
First of all, please feel free to post about 100 times/day if you are gonna keep that avatar, me likey the Kiebler

Second, I can only speak to your question about Crash Commando as I haven't had any Socom problems. CC is a blast and I recommend it if you are looking for a fun online, multiplayer game (supports up to 12). I hear it is quite comparable to a PC game called Soldat or something. Anyway check out IGN's review (it got an 8.5) for a more in depth look at the game.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:09 AM

I have both crash commando and jeopardy..crash commando is fun as hell - but its total arcade style..there aint no sitting around and getting 10 kills and no deaths by camping out like a sniper..

jeopardy is ok - it's priced where it should be, I paid 14.99 for it when it first came out..there is no alex trebek, and the questions start to repeat..but..it's jeopardy..if you like jeopardy - then odds are you will at least half-way enjoy it for awhile.

As fo socom - yes, I have that too...and yes, i had your same problem..what you have to do is completely delete your saved game/install from the initial load...basically, wipe all existence of socom off of your playstation...you then have to re-do it.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
First of all, please feel free to post about 100 times/day if you are gonna keep that avatar, me likey the Kiebler

Second, I can only speak to your question about Crash Commando as I haven't had any Socom problems. CC is a blast and I recommend it if you are looking for a fun online, multiplayer game (supports up to 12). I hear it is quite comparable to a PC game called Soldat or something. Anyway check out IGN's review (it got an 8.5) for a more in depth look at the game.
She is heavenly isnt she.

Does PSN have demos for their PSN games yet, just curious didnt look long enough as i was looking ot see if their was Socom maps up yet.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
I have both crash commando and jeopardy..crash commando is fun as hell - but its total arcade style..there aint no sitting around and getting 10 kills and no deaths by camping out like a sniper..

jeopardy is ok - it's priced where it should be, I paid 14.99 for it when it first came out..there is no alex trebek, and the questions start to repeat..but..it's jeopardy..if you like jeopardy - then odds are you will at least half-way enjoy it for awhile.

As fo socom - yes, I have that too...and yes, i had your same problem..what you have to do is completely delete your saved game/install from the initial load...basically, wipe all existence of socom off of your playstation...you then have to re-do it.
Kinda what i figured for jeopardy, but for $10 i might have to pick up.

That blows so i have to redo the entire mandatory install. That is gonna suck, is there a way to speed up these install. I was wanting to play this tonight but it looks like i will have to wait until tomorrow now.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itputdalotion0n View Post
She is heavenly isnt she.

Does PSN have demos for their PSN games yet, just curious didnt look long enough as i was looking ot see if their was Socom maps up yet.
I don't think there are any demos for it, but I think there is a video of its gameplay on the store.