Pokemon Nostalgia Thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-27-2008, 11:07 PM

Default Pokemon Nostalgia Thread

I have sooooooo much. I'm not really in the right state exactly right now....(VODKA!)

Do to Onslaughts poke-slaught however I wanted to get this rolling.

Pleas share....any one get into the card game also?
Old 12-27-2008, 11:11 PM

Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon.

The Squirtle Squad was all sorts of badass.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 12-27-2008, 11:27 PM

Red owned kids left and right.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:05 AM

I used to f people up with starmie I remember. In the original red and blues anything crossed with a psychic type was extremely useful. For example starmie was water/psychic. Nobody expected a water type poke to be able to bust out a psychic attack.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:09 AM

185 hrs in Diamond and counting <3

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL! Haha

Fav:
1st gen: Blastoise
2nd Gen: Typhlosion(BA)
-stopped collecting cards-
Of the new ones in diamond I like BIDOOF!
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
185 hrs in Diamond and counting <3

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL! Haha

Fav:
1st gen: Blastoise
2nd Gen: Typhlosion(BA)
-stopped collecting cards-
Of the new ones in diamond I like BIDOOF!
I'm @ 160, Pokedex is at 430 and counting.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:14 AM

Pokemon was a tad bit after my time. I was in eight grade when that trend hit the "streets". I never got into the card game, as I felt card games were stupid. However, I played Pokemon Red for about 3 months...and called it quits. I think I managed to get a copy of Blue and Yellow...but that was obtained some time after my interest in the series left.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Last edited by twonunpackmule; 12-28-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Pokemon was a tad bit after my time. I was in eight grade when that trend hit the "streets". I never got into the card game, as I felt card games were stupid. However, I played Pokemon Red for about 3 months...and called it quits. I think I managed to get a copy of Blue and Yellow...but that was obtained some time after my interest in the series left.
I was in my Junior Year of High school already...

My younger brother (who was in 3rd/4th grade during the craze) played it all the time though, so I was subjected to the Pokemon craze all the same. I loved watching Batman Beyond, and then I'd be forced to watch Pokemon when my brother wanted to since it'd air before Batman. During car trips, I'd borrow his Game Boy and play Pokemon Yellow, and later on, play Pokemon Silver. Quit after that, since I'd stop taking road trips with the family by then.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 12-28-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
I was in my Junior Year of High school already...

My younger brother (who was in 3rd/4th grade during the craze) played it all the time though, so I was subjected to the Pokemon craze all the same. I loved watching Batman Beyond, and then I'd be forced to watch Pokemon when my brother wanted to since it'd air before Batman. During car trips, I'd borrow his Game Boy and play Pokemon Yellow, and later on, play Pokemon Silver. Quit after that, since I'd stop taking road trips with the family by then.
I'm the youngest in my family. So, I didn't get the luxury of the Pokemon craze. I mean, I got it for Christmas that year with my new Gameboy Color...but it definitely didn't last long.

Oh, I still watched Cartoons...hell, I'm still watching them. Though, I definitely don't watch too many recent ones...they tend to suck. I'm not a fan of "digital animation".

Batman Beyond was awesome.

I also dug Beast Machines. That series when including Beast Wars, just had some great writing. At least when considering it's audience.

I've been waiting for Book 2 of Invasion America. I doubt it'll actually happen. I would like to see at least a DVD release or something.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I'm the youngest in my family. So, I didn't get the luxury of the Pokemon craze. I mean, I got it for Christmas that year with my new Gameboy Color...but it definitely didn't last long.

Oh, I still watched Cartoons...hell, I still do. Batman Beyond was awesome. I also dug Beast Machines.

I've been waiting for Book 2 of Invasion America. I doubt it'll actually happen. I would like to see at least a DVD release or something.
I figured you're a fan of Beyond, considering the DCAU avatar of Clock King and all. Personally, my favorite episode was the one where Mr. Freeze returns to Gotham, and briefly attempts to stop his old ways, only to go into an EPIC match with Blight, and freeze several people (I'm gonna go with they died). Awesome episode.

I never watched Beast Machines, but of course, watched Beast Wars. I couldn't get into the look of Beast Machines and never bothered with it. I should have though. Beast Wars was the shit though.