GBA Carteridge advice - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-22-2008, 09:43 PM

Default GBA Carteridge advice

So... I just bought Super Mario Bros 3 GBA for my new DS-Lite... And there's a slight problem with it, it looks like the connectors are coroded... There is some red stuff in there, looks like oxidation to me. The game doesn't play, I do get as far as a welcome screen but then I get that classic nintendo garbled screen of a carteradge that has gone bad.

So, I picked this game up off of amazon market place, I'm wondering what I should do. Ultimiatly, all I really want is the game working. Can anyone suggest a way of cleaning the corosion with out destroying the game? Or am I better off contacting the seller and seeing what if anything can be recognized?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:41 AM

There's one product I bought to clean up some old NES game I got at a garage sale that works great but I know it costs more than what you paid for the game. Just do a google search and you'll find a lot of tips on clearing up the corrosion. But if you don't want to mess with the hassle of all that I'd say just go back to the seller and see about a refund or if they have another copy.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
There's one product I bought to clean up some old NES game I got at a garage sale that works great but I know it costs more than what you paid for the game. Just do a google search and you'll find a lot of tips on clearing up the corrosion. But if you don't want to mess with the hassle of all that I'd say just go back to the seller and see about a refund or if they have another copy.
That's exactly what I would do. The game is unplayable and they should refund you the money.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:42 PM

sounds good, that's about what I was guessing. thanks.