Amazons a bunch of A-holes.... - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Amazons a bunch of A-holes....

I can't believe they did this. I got Motorstorm: PR, add it to my cart, then go and some other stuff. I come back and find out that they took it out of my cart and put it in the 'to buy later category', saying that the item is out of stock (so get some more then give me the price I was quoted at you cheap asses!). What the fuck? So today I go to add it back into my cart and low and behold, it's back up to full price. What a crock of shit....

I was going to get it but that game is near bottom of my to buy list so not going to bother with it again till it's $29. I'm just getting sick of Amazon pulling that kind of crap. That's twice it's happened now.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Ya I want Motorstorm: PR too but not for full price. Sorry to hear about that... that does suck.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:26 PM

Sorry to hear, I didn't know they did stuff like that.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:26 PM

I just don't buy DotD and Lightning deal items often if at all. That was one of the only ones I've got, and the last time I forgot about one I had in my cart over into the next day, so figured the deal was only for that day. I've never heard of the DoTD being only while they have stock (even if you claim it), otherwise you don't get it. That's BS.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Sorry to hear, I didn't know they did stuff like that.
Well, I've learned my lesson, you basically have to choose the item, check out and pay for it ASAP or they don't honor the price.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:32 PM

Could be they had a limited supply of the game at the price and when their stock ran out that was that for the game at that sale price. Kind of crappy but that kind of thing isn't unusual in retail, though with amazon perhaps there's the twist that really they just ordered xxx quantity for sale at that price. It could be perhaps they had more units than that on hand (hence more games available the very next day) but because of the restrictions on the sale they could only sell that quantity at that price.

Maybe next time just go ahead and buy the game right away then add the other items later.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Maybe next time just go ahead and buy the game right away then add the other items later.
From my experience with WHEYcheap.com run by Bodybuilding.com company's give X amount of product to BB.com to sell at a low price. Once that runs out, it's gone.

So i'm guessing DotD works a lot like this as well.

Sorry to hear GS, i'll be sure to buy mine right away, although I usually do anyway, prime I get free 2 day no matter what.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:41 PM

^^^
Yeah I figured it was something like that.... Got to love dem business rulez
Old 12-22-2008, 04:04 PM

It sucks but its understandable that they don't 'hold' whatever's in your cart because you could have it sitting in your cart for weeks.

I don't know if the US Amazon runs the same as in the UK but they normally say when there are only a few left on the UK one.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
It sucks but its understandable that they don't 'hold' whatever's in your cart because you could have it sitting in your cart for weeks.

I don't know if the US Amazon runs the same as in the UK but they normally say when there are only a few left on the UK one.
Well this is within a few hours of me getting it, so wasn't over a day. I put it in my cart in the afternoon, and by evening they'd moved it out to the 'buy later' category. I would have been more understanding if it was into the next day, but it wasn't like that.
Closed Thread