Why is one of BR's most wide opportunities being ignored? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-09-2008, 06:14 AM

Default Why is one of BR's most wide opportunities being ignored?

Anthologies and collections. You could easily put a bunch of PS2 era games on one BR no problem.
Heck a BR including DMC, DMC2 and DMC3 on one BR could've easily been released to coincide with DMC4's release. The same goes with MGS4's release.
These are just a few examples.

Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:46 AM

Oooooooo Final Fantasy... oh how I'd love to be able to play them now I've been rail roaded into Booray

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh but they won't because they're foolish!!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:33 AM

Had they released the MGS essential collection on a Blu-ray I would get it.

I think the problem is mostly pricing. Can they fit 20 Simpsons seasons on 4 BD50s? Sure they can, but what are they going to charge for it? They'd much rather have you buy 20 separate DVD box-sets with good old MPEG-2 compression.
Games are more or less on the same boat. They're making good money selling older games separately on the PS store and they probably don't want to mess with that.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:01 AM

Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s
for PS3.....
Old 11-09-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
Had they released the MGS essential collection on a Blu-ray I would get it.

I think the problem is mostly pricing. Can they fit 20 Simpsons seasons on 4 BD50s? Sure they can, but what are they going to charge for it? They'd much rather have you buy 20 separate DVD box-sets with good old MPEG-2 compression.
Games are more or less on the same boat. They're making good money selling older games separately on the PS store and they probably don't want to mess with that.
Dennis I'm more referring to PS2 product. Games that take up whole DVD's and with BR around these collections could easily fit on a BR.
Also I'll be blunt. I would easily pay $200 for a DDR Complete Collection, including every song, licensed and Konami original, from DDR 1st Mix to MAX2, arcade perfect I mean.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

I agree with you. I would pay alot of money to have complete collections on one disk.

I'd love to have every Beatmania IIDX on 1 disk. 1st - 15th ^_^
Old 11-09-2008, 10:00 AM

Perhaps taking out the Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer chips might have something to do with it. Re-engineering the PS3 to play PS2 games without them would end up being too much of a cost issue.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Dennis I'm more referring to PS2 product. Games that take up whole DVD's and with BR around these collections could easily fit on a BR.
What Dustoman said. After they took out the PS2 chips every game will need to be ported over to the PS3.

But I agree, it would be great if they did it.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:08 PM

well you need to realize that ps2 sales are still going and how long did it take to get compliations from past gen systems on the ps2? PS3 is still in its infancy imho. Give it another couple of years and let developers get used to working with a more mature system.

But yes, it would be nice to have this....I could then start clearing out my ps2 collection which takes up too much space.