Naughty Dog for programming plus Yuji Naka or Suda X, what do you think? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2008, 11:05 PM

Default Naughty Dog for programming plus Yuji Naka or Suda X, what do you think?

We know Naughty Dog are good programmers but I think they fit to justify my belief that just because someone is intelligent doesn't mean they're creative. In fact I'd argue very few people are so exceptional.
Anyway my thought is I'd love to see programmers like Naughty Dog make a game under the story and art direction of Yuji Naka or Suda X. I think both might learn some things. I'm hoping Naughty Dog might switch up their style a little bit and go out of their comfort zone. I think this experience would honestly make them better game makers in the end. On Naka or Suda's end they could learn how to better program on the PS3 and pass on their experiences to the teams they work with.
While I like "Uncharted" it is typical of Naughty Dog. It's a solid product but it's been done before, just refined and done better by Naughty Dog. It lacks that strong charm that truly extraordinary games seem to have. It's still paint by numbers and I feel they need to truly step out of their bounds if they ever want to be considered on the same level as companies like Atlus, Sega, Square or Nintendo. When I say this I'm not even referring to said companies in the current sense but what had them really make their mark in gaming history, be it innovation or just some truly memorable games. I don't think Naughty Dog has ever had that.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:06 PM

i just want a good crash bandicoot ps3 exclusive. i dont really care who makes it
Old 11-08-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchy View Post
i just want a good crash bandicoot ps3 exclusive. i dont really care who makes it
amen brother... if they could make a new crash exclusive that was as fun and good as the original then it would be truly amazing. That game was provided sooo many hours of fun.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash View Post
amen brother... if they could make a new crash exclusive that was as fun and good as the original then it would be truly amazing. That game was provided sooo many hours of fun.
Honestly the new crash games are fun I just dont think people give them much of a chance. Though they've made crash into a idiot.