Fallout 3 ending (spoilers..duh) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Default Fallout 3 ending (spoilers..duh)

OK I just finished fallout 3 a bunch of times to see the diffrent variations. Im pretty disapointed you actually die. I was fully expecting to finish the main quest and then keep playing just like in Oblivion. Instead no matter what I did, even thou I had fawkes with me (who is IMMUNE TO RADIATION!!) and I couldnt even go make HIM turn the purifier on. Hell I cant even leave (both doors are locked inexplicably) and let the thing blow up and then keep playing. The whole point of thegame was to be open ended and how decisions affect the outcome of things. Normally I feel really fullfilledwhen I finish a game no matter how lame the ending is, but this feels so cheap and lazy.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 AM

I didn't like this game at all. Sold it.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 PM

I think the purpose of the game was to make it about doing whatever you felt like doing. So 99% of the game is NOT part of the main quest. The main quest is only there for players who like linear rpg's with an ending. The only dissapointing thing to me is that it only takes about 35-40 hours to see every location, not the 100-200hrs as rumored/hyped.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM

I was let down to. Now I'm doing all sorts of shit with that giant robot outside that building.

Eh definetly felt rushed at the end. The fact that you can't keep playing even after making the other broad die really sucks.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
I was let down to. Now I'm doing all sorts of shit with that giant robot outside that building.

Eh definetly felt rushed at the end. The fact that you can't keep playing even after making the other broad die really sucks.
Yeah, I know the feeling. It almost seems like they didn't quite know how to end the game and so just cranked something out that would more or less force a "do over." Seems like their philosophy for this game was to ensure that gamers couldn't grind up an uber-character with maxed out skills in everything and so the level 20 cap plus ending were ways to enforce that design choice and make sure players start over and potentially try something different. It's a weird way to encourage multiple replays, but oh well...
Old 11-09-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Yeah, I know the feeling. It almost seems like they didn't quite know how to end the game and so just cranked something out that would more or less force a "do over." Seems like their philosophy for this game was to ensure that gamers couldn't grind up an uber-character with maxed out skills in everything and so the level 20 cap plus ending were ways to enforce that design choice and make sure players start over and potentially try something different. It's a weird way to encourage multiple replays, but oh well...
Yeah. All in all it was a bioshock... a bad taste at the end of a fantastic pie.

I'm still playing the game to get achievements and it's plenty fun hunting all the Super Mutant Behemoths etc but WTF no co-op? and wtf Dog Meat blew balls after playing Fable 2.

And is it me or does the combat shotgun degrade 2x faster than any other weapon???
Old 12-24-2008, 06:02 PM

Yeah well I can't even get any more achievements, do any more side quests or even go back to my own house! My only save is after I've killed the final guy. =(
Old 12-24-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo37 View Post
Yeah well I can't even get any more achievements, do any more side quests or even go back to my own house! My only save is after I've killed the final guy. =(
Multiple saves FTW, my friend. Especially for Bethesda games.