Fallout 3 ending (spoilers..duh) - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2008, 09:32 PM
godamongmen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 632
Default Fallout 3 ending (spoilers..duh)

OK I just finished fallout 3 a bunch of times to see the diffrent variations. Im pretty disapointed you actually die. I was fully expecting to finish the main quest and then keep playing just like in Oblivion. Instead no matter what I did, even thou I had fawkes with me (who is IMMUNE TO RADIATION!!) and I couldnt even go make HIM turn the purifier on. Hell I cant even leave (both doors are locked inexplicably) and let the thing blow up and then keep playing. The whole point of thegame was to be open ended and how decisions affect the outcome of things. Normally I feel really fullfilledwhen I finish a game no matter how lame the ending is, but this feels so cheap and lazy.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 AM
bone crusher's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,671
Default

I didn't like this game at all. Sold it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 49
Default

I think the purpose of the game was to make it about doing whatever you felt like doing. So 99% of the game is NOT part of the main quest. The main quest is only there for players who like linear rpg's with an ending. The only dissapointing thing to me is that it only takes about 35-40 hours to see every location, not the 100-200hrs as rumored/hyped.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
KTA's Avatar
KTA KTA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,122
Default

I was let down to. Now I'm doing all sorts of shit with that giant robot outside that building.

Eh definetly felt rushed at the end. The fact that you can't keep playing even after making the other broad die really sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Shoeless's Avatar
HDD Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
I was let down to. Now I'm doing all sorts of shit with that giant robot outside that building.

Eh definetly felt rushed at the end. The fact that you can't keep playing even after making the other broad die really sucks.
Yeah, I know the feeling. It almost seems like they didn't quite know how to end the game and so just cranked something out that would more or less force a "do over." Seems like their philosophy for this game was to ensure that gamers couldn't grind up an uber-character with maxed out skills in everything and so the level 20 cap plus ending were ways to enforce that design choice and make sure players start over and potentially try something different. It's a weird way to encourage multiple replays, but oh well...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
KTA's Avatar
KTA KTA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Yeah, I know the feeling. It almost seems like they didn't quite know how to end the game and so just cranked something out that would more or less force a "do over." Seems like their philosophy for this game was to ensure that gamers couldn't grind up an uber-character with maxed out skills in everything and so the level 20 cap plus ending were ways to enforce that design choice and make sure players start over and potentially try something different. It's a weird way to encourage multiple replays, but oh well...
Yeah. All in all it was a bioshock... a bad taste at the end of a fantastic pie.

I'm still playing the game to get achievements and it's plenty fun hunting all the Super Mutant Behemoths etc but WTF no co-op? and wtf Dog Meat blew balls after playing Fable 2.

And is it me or does the combat shotgun degrade 2x faster than any other weapon???
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-24-2008, 06:02 PM
robo37's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Yeah well I can't even get any more achievements, do any more side quests or even go back to my own house! My only save is after I've killed the final guy. =(
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-24-2008, 06:07 PM
pvtjoker's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo37 View Post
Yeah well I can't even get any more achievements, do any more side quests or even go back to my own house! My only save is after I've killed the final guy. =(
Multiple saves FTW, my friend. Especially for Bethesda games.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HDD Gaming Deal: 'Fallout,' 'Fallout 2,' and 'Fallout Tactics' Free Brian Hoss Video Game Bargains 0 12-12-2013 11:53 AM
New Fallout 3 title announced: "Fallout Vegas" KTA Game Room 1153 07-18-2011 12:00 AM
File under "no duh" Blu-Ray Fox Gaming Smackdown 20 05-04-2008 08:10 AM
Announcement of HD DVD's death expected in short order (duh) bowl-o-rama High Definition Smackdown 9 02-18-2008 04:21 AM
The Prestige Question (Spoilers) Bioevil087 Film Forum 5 04-19-2007 09:26 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off