Far Cry 2 custom mapping meet up (multiplayer too) - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: What platform do you have Far Cry 2 for?
Playstation 3 3 60.00%
Xbox 360 3 60.00%
PC 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Default Far Cry 2 custom mapping meet up (multiplayer too)

So, I wanted to get an idea of who has FarCry2, and on what system - we can do some meet up stuff and post maps and ideas - I'm going nuts on this lately. This thread may die a quick death, but feel free to bookmark it and we'll maybe get some cool maps and ideas here.

You can vote more than once if you have it on different plats, and votes are public so we's can track each other down.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM

Raunchy - either you love this game and have it for all 3 plats or you're just being a real cool guy.?

Weasl - do you ever do the multiplayer thang or have you created any levels?

Right now I'm working on a level. My basic concept is to have 3 control points for each, equidistant from each other. Minimal vertical sniper points (making the one or two you choose more dangerous) and only 1 of each control point visible from the other team's control point - so that camping out is eliminated - there will be at least 4 open areas to each control point (or vulnerabilities).

I may add vehicles in as an extra - but only to travel outside the map to get to a different side of the map, and the trip will be long - so it may not be worth it.

Different zones as well - industrial, train station/train, Dogon village, shacks, and 2 natural highpoints as well as a tower.

I'm building this more for 2 player LAN/multi - but I bet it would still be good for 8 or so.. the map is medium sized, similar in size to overgrown in COD4 likely.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
Raunchy - either you love this game and have it for all 3 plats or you're just being a real cool guy.?

Weasl - do you ever do the multiplayer thang or have you created any levels?
I haven't expereminted with Far Cry 2's multiplayer or made any maps with it. I usually get all my map making urges out of the way at work so by the time I get home I just want to play lol.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:01 PM

Yeah, I understand! - Well hopefully I should have some for you to try out if you want. I'll be sure to post images once I'm done.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
Yeah, I understand! - Well hopefully I should have some for you to try out if you want. I'll be sure to post images once I'm done.
I'd be happy to look at some stuff if I can (i'm on PS3), and give feedback. I actually have a great deal of experience working on MP maps so feel free to pick my brain if you need advice.