Blue Castle making Dead Rising 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-07-2008, 07:32 AM

Default Blue Castle making Dead Rising 2

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=285199
Quote:
A source close to Canadian developer Blue Castle Games has told Eurogamer that the studio is making a sequel to Dead Rising.

Rumours that the Vancouver-based outfit was working on the zombie project first emerged last year, but neither the developer nor publisher Capcom has confirmed anything on the record. But while Eurogamer was on a secret mission in Vancouver last week, we were told by a source familiar with the project that Capcom has indeed farmed out development to the Western team.

The source said: "Everyone's really excited; the team has obviously seen the rumours and it's been hard to keep quiet, but they can't wait to show off the game."

Unfortunately, they wouldn't give us any details on the title or when we're likely to see it. Boo.

Blue Castle has so far released two baseball titles with 2K Games, including The Bigs, and announced MLB Front Office Manager earlier this month.

The company describes itself on its website as "a full-service, multi-project and multi-platform 3rd party developer located in Vancouver, Canada", where: "We are well underway on three new projects - an unannounced Action title and two Sports titles one of which was just announced."

Our source confirmed that the action title is a sequel to the deliciously enjoyable zombie romp, which released on 360 in 2006. The studio is currently hiring for its action project, with one job listing stating: "It's getting around - there is something amazing being built here at Blue Castle behind locked doors."

A spokesperson for Capcom Europe refused to comment on the matter.
Unless MS throws a bunch of money @ Capcom, I see this going multi-platform. I don't know why Capcom would outsource (first one was made inhouse right?) such a good game, maybe they think they can use the popularity of the 1st to sell this.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maley View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=285199

Unless MS throws a bunch of money @ Capcom, I see this going multi-platform. I don't know why Capcom would outsource (first one was made inhouse right?) such a good game, maybe they think they can use the popularity of the 1st to sell this.
From what I understood, keeping in mind this was all just speculative talk about a year or less back, was that Capcom was happy with Dead Rising 1 but wanted to outsource to a western developer to maybe get the gameplay more in line with the western market. The complaints about the game were things like the save system, poorly translated dialogue, ceaseless fetch quests (though frankly, ever genre in VGing now is bogged down with fetch quests and I miss the days of actually using your brain to solve puzzles like the old adventure games of yore before our current 12 yr old contingent of gamers took over the industry, but I digress). Capcom was hoping that by taking the game multiplatform and tailoring the gameplay a bit more to the West, sales might be even better.

Furthermore, I don't see Microsoft going out of there way to secure exclusive rights to this one. Don't get me wrong, they do *seem* intent on getting any exclusive they can to hit that bullet-point for the 360, but I just get the feeling they know that this game is not going to be a system mover.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:25 PM

I hope to GOD it takes place in a AMUSEMENT PARK!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
I hope to GOD it takes place in a AMUSEMENT PARK!
I don't. Kinda limits the chance of finding cool weapons.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:01 PM

I hope they add co-op on live.