Damn 360(Problems over here too). - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 PM

Default Damn 360(Problems over here too).

Well, I've got a porblem with my 360 now. It plays every 360 game just fine, but I can't play any of my Xbox Originals(yes, I own a hard drive). Does anyone have a fix for this, or should I just call up MS...Damn thing is out of warranty though,. And screw paying $150 for them to do a firmware update or something.

I was trying to play Halo 1, and the damnt hing doesn't load(isn't my game because it worked on my bros 360).
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM

Any help guys?
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeofTheImmortal View Post
Any help guys?

Not sure if it will help but have you cleared the game cache? For some odd reason when I picked up Star Wars The Force Unleashed it flat out wouldn't play at all. My buddy told me to try it and it worked.

"Clearing the cache on the Xbox 360 is a fairly simple process, and can be useful if the system seems sluggish, unresponsive, or you just need to get rid of a game update (for whatever reason).

The most important part of clearing the cache is knowing what to expect. All downloaded game updates will be removed. So if you have downloaded an auto-update for a game, in order to play it on Xbox Live you will need to re-download it.

User game saves, profiles, demos, videos, etc. are not deleted during the process.

Clear the Cache on the Xbox 360
To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

You will see a confirmation message to confirm system maintenance, proceed"

It might be worth a shot.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 PM

I think it's the HDD. I put another hard drive on the thing and it played Halo just fine. Damn, I didn't buy the extended warranty ont he HDD from where I bought it. Does MS do anything with these? Argh...I'm pissed that I have a 120GB HDD now. Well, I have nothing else to say now.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM

That sucks. I havent heard of this really. If you do get the 120 HDD, I still have the transfer kit you can borrow.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:46 PM

No, I mean it is a 120GB that I am using right now. Maybe the NXE will correct this problem with the HDD...Don't know though.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
No, I mean it is a 120GB that I am using right now. Maybe the NXE will correct this problem with the HDD...Don't know though.
oh, I misread it. ouch that sucks bad...
Old 11-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:

Did you ever call customer support?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:08 AM

Not yet, but I formatted the drive and tried again and nothing happened still. What mroe can Customer Support do? Besides telling me to do the same shit I already did. I'm not stupid, I know it's the hard drive. The HDD doesn't have a warranty, and they probably wouldn't send me a free one. The only good tihng is that I can still play 360 games, just not original Xbox 360 games.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 AM

I need you to go a bit more in depth before I can offer any real advice, but here are a few things worth mentioning...

-When you download any piece of content from the XBL marketplace, that content is linked to not only your game profile, but the xbox serial number it was downloaded on as well.

-If you switch consoles, the downloaded content will not work unless the user id that originally downloaded it is connected to XBL.

-If you remain on the same console but log in under a different ID and do not connect to XBL you may also run into problems.

Since it sounds like you may have recently gotten a new harddrive (and cosole perhaps?) then that may be the problem. Either way, walk us through everything you did the last time the game worked properly, and what has changed since that time and I may be able to better assist.