Rainbow Six Vegas Realistic glitch - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Rainbow Six Vegas Realistic glitch

Right now im going through a R6 vegas phase. Ive beaten it several times but got the urge to play it so I picked it up again. plus Im using it as a refresher before I jump into Vegas 2. Anyways I have a question about the realistic mode. I beat it last year on this mode and never got the achievment for it. Instead I got the pistoleer achievment that you get when killing 150 terrorists with a hand gun. Anyways I had heard there was a glitch where if you already have a save file for vegas you will not get the realistic achievment. Does anyone have any idea if this is true?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:12 PM

You have already beat it through on realistic but didnt get the achievement?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
You have already beat it through on realistic but didnt get the achievement?
This is correct.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 PM

This is what happens....

The game resets the difficulty after you restart or quit...or whatever. Anyway, what you have to do is beat the game by CHAPTER/STAGE. Basically, level by level. You cannot leave a level mid way, and come back to it later. If you do "restart" the game, then you need to select the level, and difficulty.

Honestly, I'm surprised this never got fixed.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
This is what happens....

The game resets the difficulty after you restart or quit...or whatever. Anyway, what you have to do is beat the game by CHAPTER/STAGE. Basically, level by level. You cannot leave a level mid way, and come back to it later. If you do "restart" the game, then you need to select the level, and difficulty.

Honestly, I'm surprised this never got fixed.
Really? I have never heard that. I played through and stopped alot and still got the achievement. Must have been at the right time. If you want the achievement that bad and are basically done with the game otherwise, I would just delete the save data from your HDD. Then start over. Obviously only if thats an option to you.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 AM

Just wanted to update this. Tonite I played through final mission in R6 Vegas and was able to get the achievment. Made me real happy to see the icon pop up on screen because this things was more of a bitch than I remember playing through last time. With a day off tomorrow ill be starting GOW2 finally. Eventually ill make it to Vegas 2 but for now im going to leave my flashbangs and Commando with 6x scope in the closet.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:28 PM

How come your not playing Vegas 2?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 PM

Wel I quite gaming for a while and just got back into it recently. Vegas 2 camse out during my hiatus and I just never picked it up. When i got back into gaming I wanted to make sure I got my realistic achievment for the first Vegas. I have vegas 2,just havent gotten around to playing it yet. After I tire of the GOW Sp campaign either thatm or Dead Space will be next. Plus I just bought a copy of fallout 3 from a user on these boards.Im a busy man apparently lol.