little big improvement - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-03-2008, 10:54 AM

Default little big improvement

was wondering if they where keeping their word when before they where talking about stickers from memory stick before

link
Old 11-06-2008, 03:16 AM

When I called them to ask about that rumor their claim was that it was untrue, and until they released an official statement on their website announcing it just ignore it.

Which is unfortunate.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Banned

Eh, seems strange there would be a patch when its explicitly copyright fears that made them leave it out in the first place. Quite obviously this would lead to 95% of levels containing copyrighted stuff.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 AM

This picture entitled 'work in progress' was uploaded to MediaMolecules Flickr photos a few days ago;

The statement they released simply said there was no official plan to release it and that any details on future updates should only be taken as gospel if they come from them or Sony.

It is definitely a copyright minefield but it seems it hasn't been abandoned.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Banned

Well if they take that approach with pictures, I hope sounds are next. Sure, once again, 95% of stages will feature copyrighted mp3s, but just take down all the offenders ala youtube if and when they recieve a complaint.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomba View Post
Well if they take that approach with pictures, I hope sounds are next. Sure, once again, 95% of stages will feature copyrighted mp3s, but just take down all the offenders ala youtube if and when they recieve a complaint.
This is what I really want them to include in the game. To avoid Copyrighted music, they should just allow the uploading of only original music. If you create your own music.......nowadays with so much Music Software available, it's easy. Create your own levels and create your own soundtrack. That could be cool!!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Bliss View Post
This is what I really want them to include in the game. To avoid Copyrighted music, they should just allow the uploading of only original music. If you create your own music.......nowadays with so much Music Software available, it's easy. Create your own levels and create your own soundtrack. That could be cool!!
But how would you stop people from uploading files and just saying they are original? Honestly I can't believe they are allowing even image importing. Like what was said above, it's a copyright minefield.