Fall Out 3 Q & A - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Default Fall Out 3 Q & A

Okay i'm getting knee deep in this bastard and I thought i'd start a Q & A session.

My first Q & A personally is there a way to increase you base strength etc after lvl'ing so far or something?

I'm at level 7 and would really like more strength to carry shit. How do I increase it permanentally? Am I missing something?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
Okay i'm getting knee deep in this bastard and I thought i'd start a Q & A session.

My first Q & A personally is there a way to increase you base strength etc after lvl'ing so far or something?

I'm at level 7 and would really like more strength to carry shit. How do I increase it permanentally? Am I missing something?
I know that different bobbleheads give a bonus of 10 to different skills, try to find where the STR one is.

Here's a neat tip I just found: There's a sniper rifle right outside Megaton. Once you exit the town, follow the outer wall around to the left and eventually to your right there will be a destroyed overpass. Once you've walked along the wall far enough to reach the end of the overpass, look for a rock surrounded by three small trees.

You only get 10 shots but there are somem stimpacs a stealth field too.

Last edited by Bane; 10-30-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM

Speaking of bobble heads....

http://www.achieve360points.com/foru...ad.php?t=98766
Old 10-30-2008, 06:54 PM

My advice read the spoilers for Vault 106 and save yourself the head ache.

What's the best way you all have found to deal with Mirelurk? I've been using grenades but they are very expensive...

Last edited by thestaton; 10-30-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post

Okay, if you need to raise your strength...use the "perk" that lets you add a point to a SPECIAL. It's called "Intensive Training", or something close to that. You can add it to your strength, or any other SPECIAL. I recommend spending a few levels raising that, then perhaps raising your Endurance, just to get the HP meter up.

*WARNING*

The max level is 20. So make sure you plan your leveling out, and plan it well. Don't let yourself get seriously screwed.

This is something that I hope they increase in a patch or something. Granted, it might make the game too easy...but then that's on the user.

You can also use booster to temp boost yourself. It's good for when you come across a huge amount of new goodies and need the space to at least get back to your house.

Also, if you don't blow up the town...you get a house. I use it to heal, and store my shit. It's a life saver. Not too mention you get cool rewards for helping that lady finish her book.

My favorite thing to do is to make multiple saves, and try different outcomes.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Last edited by twonunpackmule; 10-30-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
My advice read the spoilers for Vault 106 and save yourself the head ache.

What's the best way you all have found to deal with Mirelurk? I've been using grenades but they are very expensive...
You talking about that one quest?

I was able to just run around them, and plant the device in the eggs. However, you can make it easier by just "stealth boying it" and making your way down.

I usually just shoot them with the Combat Shotgun. That thing is amazing.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:39 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Also, if you don't blow up the town...you get a house. I use it to heal, and store my shit. It's a life saver. Not too mention you get cool rewards for helping that lady finish her book.
Wha... really? How do you get a house? Are you talking about Megaton? Who do I talk to to get a little sub-prime housing loan to invest in property over there?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Wha... really? How do you get a house? Are you talking about Megaton? Who do I talk to to get a little sub-prime housing loan to invest in property over there?
Yes, Megaton. You also get a "sort of house" in Greyditch. The Wilks home is sort of abandon and up for grabs. You can use that as a means to collect yourself too.

Anyway, the sheriff of the town will give you a house if you complete the "Power Of Atom" quest, and dismantle the bomb.

My suggestion is to use a item that boost your "tech level" just so you can disarm it. Once done, you get a house.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
You need to disarm the bomb in Megaton instead of blowing it up. My explosives skill was not high enough to do it so I went along with Mr. Burke, then came back and killed him, with no loss of karma points and nobody cared that I killed him. At that point, I leveled up and had enough points to disarm the bomb, save the town, and get the house.

I think having the house is the most important thing early in the game because you can quick travel back when you get weighed down with loot. Sleep, sell, and head back out again. Stimpacks are expensive early when there aren't alot of caps to be had.

PS: I am having a hard time with the lock picking thing. I am just not sure what to do to be effective at it. I have opened some very easy ones just messing around. The instructions don't really make it clear IMO. Does anyone have a simple explanation of it? Maybe I am missing something.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:12 AM

Okay.

You move the pin, and then slowly move the driver around. The goal is to open the lock. Anyway, I recommended being slow about it. Slowly turn the driver. The moment the pin jiggles, let go, and move the pin again. Find the sweet spot. It took me a few tries, but I usually get it on the first pin, sometimes second.