EA banning on forum possibly means banning you from your purchased game? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2008, 02:04 PM

Default EA banning on forum possibly means banning you from your purchased game?

http://kotaku.com/5070957/backtalk-i...rom-your-games

WOW!. The funny thing to me is that the people that you are looking to "control" are not the reasonable mature types (think who gets banned on this forum, and ask yourself if for the most part you could count on them to not embarrass you in public!) So, they are planning to ban people on the forum, then after that happens, this unruly character is locked out of thier EA games! Yeah, that's gonna go over well! Lawsuits anyone? Here's a tip for EA, if you really want to piss off someone, it's better to pick a group of pacifists or hutterites/amish.. pick someone who won't do anything to you - Not a group of Raging fanboys that can't control themselves on the internet!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 PM

It's not a bad idea. If someone's a douche on a forum, it's not hard to imagine they will be in a game.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
It's not a bad idea. If someone's a douche on a forum, it's not hard to imagine they will be in a game.
yeah but that seems a bit harsh. Banned from playing any ea game? what if the mod is in a bad mood or a power trip.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
You kidding right? Getting banned from a forum for being a douche is one thing but locking you out of a game you paid for is a completely different thing. I can see EA getting sued over this.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:49 PM

Yeah, this policy likely won't last to long.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM

I assume they are only banning them from online play and they are still able to play in single player or offline mode, yes?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggumsmax View Post
You kidding right? Getting banned from a forum for being a douche is one thing but locking you out of a game you paid for is a completely different thing. I can see EA getting sued over this.
The EULA you sign before playing any online game would make that suit not go very far.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 PM

The ban stories on NeoGaf are an interesting reason why I think this is a bad idea. Just like Vsions said - Mods are people, they will ban for a reason that will be debated.. grey areas etc.. that's just bound to happen - but now it costs you the ability to play a game you paid money for (or at least the online portion of)
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
The EULA you sign before playing any online game would make that suit not go very far.
I don't know. I think there could be arguments made for why the EULA shouldn't be upheld and whether it's even enforceable to link the gameplay to the forum use. It might be worth challenging.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM

epic lulz. I really doubt I'll ever purchase anything related to EA again what a joke.