World of Warcraft: Halloween / Expansion events - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2008, 02:09 PM

Default World of Warcraft: Halloween / Expansion events

Anyone on here play WOW?

There are some really cool (or annoying?) world events occurring in WoW right now, primarily:

Starting about a week ago crates started appearing in various major cities, when you'd click on these crates you'd get a virus that could only be cured by certain NPC priests or players. After 10 minutes with the virus you would become a flesh eating zombie, which must kill other players in order to survive. Anyone you killed while a zombie also becomes a zombie, this includes players and NPC's. Each day the zombies became tougher, the time for incubation became shorter, as well as rats and roaches carrying the infection appearing in cities. As it stands now you can barely go to a major city in WoW without getting infected and joining the zombie horde.

It's funny as hell, and pretty cool as far as world events go, but it can be obnoxious.

Anyone else having fun or pain with this?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM

Yeah I started playing again this past week and it's been irritating trying to get a Battleground game when all the NPC's are dead.

Also, I think it's rediculous how hard it is to get the 20 mask achievement when the loot table is so huge, and there's only a 50% change you even get to roll on it.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 PM

Yeah, I was getting seriously annoyed at the lvl 70 players having full reign as zombies in lowbie areas. Especially on PvE servers. Thankfully, that part is over today.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:35 AM

I don't play PC games but that would annoy the hell out of me if I did.