Looks Like The Apocalypse is Here - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-24-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Looks Like The Apocalypse is Here

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...-hubby/1259111

Last edited by Arkadin; 10-24-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Haha Quote that for those at work, I can tell by the link what it is. Hilarious.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Taken from the link above

Quote:
TOKYO: A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:26 AM

Can you imagine someone reporting something like this in the NA or Europe? I'd imagine the police would just laugh you right out of the police station.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM

I really can't decide who is the bigger loser in this case.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:20 PM

This had already been posted in the Watercooler yesterday......still funny though

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/wate...y-husband.html