Fantasic looking new Logitech Guitar - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-23-2008, 04:40 PM

Default Fantasic looking new Logitech Guitar

I like

Quote:
Logitech Announces Premiere Wireless Guitar Controller for Guitar Hero

Logitech is a brand name that most people are familiar with, and considering the fact that they make some really cool products it should come as no surprise to anyone that they have decided to try their hand with creating premium music peripherals. Therefore, today when they announced the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller, Premiere Edition for the PS2 and PS3 versions of the Guitar Hero franchise, I did not bat an eye. That is, until I saw the thing.

The first premiere peripheral has been licensed by Activision for all Guitar Hero games, yes this includes Guitar Hero: World Tour, and features metal frets and peg handles, a rosewood fingerboard, a wooden neck, and it is wireless of course. The authentic look and feel of the guitar is rounded out by the one-piece contoured shape with a sleek and shiny crimson body.

In addition, rubber dome technology has been introduced to the peripheral to cut down on fret noise, and a New Touch-Sensitive Neck Slider has been incorporated so that users will not always have to keep strumming and can also be used to create a wide variety of sounds via World Tour’s Music Studio. It will take two AA batteries to run it, and the guitar comes complete with a “gig bag” so it won’t get scratched up during transport should you decide to take it out of the house. The gig bag includes space for your discs and wireless receivers.

Speaking of which, the peripheral comes equipped with a USB receiver to plug into your console and works with 2.4GHz wireless communication so that you can move up to 30 feet away from your console should you decide to go into full-out rock star mode.

Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech’s director of gaming product marketing stated that:

“There’s no better feeling than being the guy with the best instrument when you walk into your friend’s house to jam on Guitar Hero. We designed this guitar for that experience. From the humbucker to the metal frets, the whammy bar to the metal tuners, the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller gives you the credibility you rightfully deserve.”

The guy with the biggest instrument? Is that like the comparison of driving a Porsche to a beat-up Chevy truck? You can draw your own conclusions, but even Charles Huang who is vice president of business development for RedOctane feels that:

“With this new controller, Logitech is giving Guitar Hero fans the opportunity to unleash their inner rock stars in a new, authentic way.”

“Authentic” may be stretching it because it is after all not a real guitar. However, the price is pretty authentic, because the suggested retail price of the peripheral is $249.99. While that is one very sexy guitar, it’s just too bad it costs so damn much. But, how much really is too much if you can afford it and want to be the coolest faux-shredder on the block?

Start scrimping now folks, write a letter to Santa or start relentlessly begging your parents because the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller, Premiere Edition will be hitting select retail stores in December, just in time for Christmas.
http://news.filefront.com/logitech-a...r-guitar-hero/
Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM

i was wondering when someone would make one like that
Old 10-23-2008, 05:28 PM
HDD Contributor

Yeah, I saw that earlier today. It's going to be interesting to see how it stacks up in an actual product review. It's even more expensive than the Starpex guitars.

SOURCE

I've got my heart set on this particular model. It's been universally reviewed by all the websites that have had hands on time with it as the best performing guitar out there. At least until we see how the Logitech holds up, but this particular guitar has already been praised as being the most responsive, accurate guitar right now. Be interesting to see how the two compare since the Logitech is more expensive.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:14 PM

Man, thats beautiful
Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 AM

So you could buy this game controller or an x-box lol... Logitic makes great hardware but cheap it is not (typcially)... Harmony's are just now coming down iwth in range of the average customer.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 AM

Beautifull but christ... I think if I was to invest that much, I'd might as well get a real guitar...
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM

Yeah, I'll be interested in seeing some reviews on this.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM

I heard the Madcatz guitar is actually supposed to be awesome.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:33 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maley View Post
I heard the Madcatz guitar is actually supposed to be awesome.
Ars Technica has a review of some of the premium guitars currently available. One of them was the Mad Catz bass which they said was good except for the "whammy bar" which isn't a bar, but a dial set in an awkward place. You can read about it yourself.

SOURCE.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Ars Technica has a review of some of the premium guitars currently available. One of them was the Mad Catz bass which they said was good except for the "whammy bar" which isn't a bar, but a dial set in an awkward place. You can read about it yourself.

SOURCE.
I read about it a bit on n4g...and they said (whoever the article was from) that once you use it, you can't go back.

Quote:
The main difference is the strum bar: it's split into two pieces with a thumb rest on the top. This allows you to play quickly and easily by strumming upwards with your index and middle fingers. It takes some getting used to, but the effect almost immediately improved my scores playing bass, and was easier on my hand muscles in the longer stretches of notes. The strum bar is much chunkier than the stock guitar, with a nice click and thick feel. I liked it very much compared to what I was used to.
From your article.