Street Fighter IV coming to consoles this winter! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-23-2008, 12:37 PM

Default Street Fighter IV coming to consoles this winter!

Street Fighter IV confirmed for 360 and PS3 this winter:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6199889...dlines;title;1

Niiiiccceee!!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:38 PM

Now that's good news..especially with the downgrading of visuals that the HD remix has been entangled in (One of the few actual beefs I have with the 360 - I blame this on MS, even though the evidence is far from damning) This looks like a fresh game, a nice new take on the game many of us love...And I will likely buy the HD remix also - knowing me.. I can't keep a grudge too long. I did send an email to Capcom about how awful it was that they downgraded the animations and coloring on the target artwork from essentially full color to 2 to 3 shades per color.. pretty pathetic.. and the new animations... not the best.. ahh well..

At least we'll have IV
Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 PM

I would of been all over the HD Remix to give me my SF fix till IV came out but with them practically coming out around the same time now I might pass on Remix.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
Now that's good news..especially with the downgrading of visuals that the HD remix has been entangled in (One of the few actual beefs I have with the 360 - I blame this on MS, even though the evidence is far from damning) This looks like a fresh game, a nice new take on the game many of us love...And I will likely buy the HD remix also - knowing me.. I can't keep a grudge too long. I did send an email to Capcom about how awful it was that they downgraded the animations and coloring on the target artwork from essentially full color to 2 to 3 shades per color.. pretty pathetic.. and the new animations... not the best.. ahh well..

At least we'll have IV
I thought they said this wasn't true and they are working their best to make sure it is not downgraded. I remember reading something from Kotaku.com not too long ago, unless your news about downgrading to 2-3 shades per color is recent and I missed that news. That sucks if true.

Personally I say "screw the Arcade owners"
They bought the Arcade because they wanted the "light" Xbox 360 experience. Let us who laid down the cash for Premiums and Elites have the full versions of games as they were meant to be.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:42 AM

Meh could be in Feburary 2009
Old 10-24-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo345 View Post
I thought they said this wasn't true and they are working their best to make sure it is not downgraded. I remember reading something from Kotaku.com not too long ago, unless your news about downgrading to 2-3 shades per color is recent and I missed that news. That sucks if true.

Personally I say "screw the Arcade owners"
They bought the Arcade because they wanted the "light" Xbox 360 experience. Let us who laid down the cash for Premiums and Elites have the full versions of games as they were meant to be.
They did say that wasn't true, but there were a few things that pointed to it even though they said it. I don't trust companies, and their PR statements, especially the damage control ones when the internet detectives figure out whats going on and present an airtight case (or at least watertight!)

The difference in the initial artwork can be seen here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...165740&page=37
2nd post shows the detail loss in Akuma - I couldn't find the Ryu and Ken ones, but they were really disappointing.. it looks like a new alpha or something, but not HD...
Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter21 View Post
Meh could be in Feburary 2009
Most online retailers have been kicking around Feb 3, 2009 date for it so sounds accurate.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:40 PM

I guess I'm the only one holding a grudge and bad feelings and ugliness in my heart!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
I guess I'm the only one holding a grudge and bad feelings and ugliness in my heart!
I think most of us just think SF2 HD Remix has gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I think most of us just think SF2 HD Remix has gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever.
Just read a Kotaku interview where Capcom has said they'd like to have it out (SF2HD)before Christmas. Can't link it since I'm at work and read the article on my phone.