Rock Band 2 for PS3 has a Frustrating Glitch on Drums - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Default Rock Band 2 for PS3 has a Frustrating Glitch on Drums

Long story short, for ME Rock Band 2 randomly misses notes during songs...

My new RB2 Drums do this on RB2 during songs, but not in the beat trainer.
My older RB1 Drums do this on RB2 during songs, but not in the beat trainer.
Both my RB1 and RB2 drums work PERFECT on Rock Band 1

It's not a calibration issue

You can see my PROOF video (lot of trouble to make) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X87OR-Jwbd0

And my original more detailed Rockband support thread at
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92685

Highly frustrating... I've got a new RB2 game, but I only play RB1 cause RB2 is broke for me.

Could be an issue triggered by specific PS3 environmental/setup, becuase not everyone seems to have the issue, irritates the $%$$ out of me, though.

EDIT: Found a workaround... See HERE

Last edited by stigmatica; 10-27-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Snadinator's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
Long story short, for ME Rock Band 2 randomly misses notes during songs...

My new RB2 Drums do this on RB2 during songs, but not in the beat trainer.
My older RB1 Drums do this on RB2 during songs, but not in the beat trainer.
Both my RB1 and RB2 drums work PERFECT on Rock Band 1

It's not a calibration issue

You can see my PROOF video (lot of trouble to make) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X87OR-Jwbd0

And my original more detailed Rockband support thread at
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92685

Highly frustrating... I've got a new RB2 game, but I only play RB1 cause RB2 is broke for me.

Could be an issue triggered by specific PS3 environmental/setup, becuase not everyone seems to have the issue, irritates the $%$$ out of me, though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't tell me that. I've been looking forward to RB2 on PS3 for awhile.

Does it have trophies though?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't tell me that. I've been looking forward to RB2 on PS3 for awhile.

Does it have trophies though?
Does have trophies... they're just hard to earn when the game keeps cheating you!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:16 PM
ochild3180's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 149
Default

I haven't had any issues with anything from my PS3 RB2 bundle. I hope that it continues to stay that way...I had trouble with RB1's guitar and drum pedal last year, but I had it for the 360...Are you going to RMA the drums, or did you get a warranty from a retailer? Last year, EA was pretty quick about sending out my replacements...Have you had any issues with the RB2 guitar or mic?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22
Default

Not just on PS3. I have the 360 version and, when playing along, notes will be missed for no discernable reason. Had people watching me ask why the note wasn't counted. Seem to have the biggest problem with the green pad and pedal. Sucks when you get close to 100% on a song on Expert only to have a errant note mess it up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochild3180 View Post
I haven't had any issues with anything from my PS3 RB2 bundle. I hope that it continues to stay that way...I had trouble with RB1's guitar and drum pedal last year, but I had it for the 360...Are you going to RMA the drums, or did you get a warranty from a retailer? Last year, EA was pretty quick about sending out my replacements...Have you had any issues with the RB2 guitar or mic?
I'd RMA the drums, but they don't seem to be the issue...

They work perfect on the drum beat trainer, as well as on RockBand 1...

In fact, my older Rock Band 1 Drums also still work perfect on the drum beat trainer and RockBand 1... Just not RB2 Songs for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
grasp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,985
Default

It's actually just that you're no good. that's the issue.

I kid, I kid..!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
It's actually just that you're no good. that's the issue.

I kid, I kid..!
- >>insert obvious statement here<<

Kidding or not, I'm betting your the first in a long line of similar comments that may not be kidding
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Onslaught X's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,577
Default

Actually, I think I have this problem too. It could be me being paranoid, but I've sworn I've had similar problems especially when hitting the red pad with another.
__________________
Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Shoeless's Avatar
HDD Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,066
Default

The PS3 version of Rock Band has a few problems here and there. I'm not a major drummer, so I have yet to actually take that instrument out for a spin, but I am noticing a few discrepancies between the 360 and PS3 version. One minor omission is the daily message that 360 owners get in their game which Harmonix hasn't put in the PS3 version. A bigger problem though is the return of what veteran vocalists refer to as "Shaky Arrow Syndrome," which was a bug prevalent in PS3 RB1 that makes its appearance in the PS3 version of RB2 as well. It's a random bug that occurs maybe 3-5% of the time but what happens is even if you're holding a note rock solid, you'll see the vocal arrow that shows pitch twitching and wildly jumping all over the place. For expert vocalists it's a minor bug that can ruin the "Awesome" rating for phrases but for less accomplished vocalists it can potentially fail them out of the song through no fault of their own. My wife was one of the #1 vocalists on the PSN leaderboards "back in the day" before she got tired of competing with others to squeeze out an extra 100 points here and there to stay on top, and that bug got really annoying to her, particularly after an RB1 patch made the problem worse.

Unfortunately despite nearly a year of PS3 vocalists howling about it on the forums, Harmonix has failed to acknowledge that the problem even exists and many were hoping that it would be fixed with the "extra month of polish" that Harmonix used as its excuse for the delay to the PS3 version of RB2, but it looks like that really was all just a smoke screen. Top tier vocalists have been rolling their eyes as they've witnessed Shaky Arrow Syndrome make its return, though so far it's at RB1 pre-patch levels and is only an occasional nuisance. It's bizarre that the 360 version has never had this problem and only the PS3 version gets it, but it's definitely code-related as I know a few vocalists that have actually gone out of their way to buy other USB microphones in the hope that would clear up the problem and it doesn't.

At least, however, voice chat is finally implemented into the PS3 version and you don't even need a blue-tooth headset to use it, you can use your microphone as the input device. Another nice thing is finally being able to set your band roster so that you don't always have to be subjected to rotating, random default generated band members and can finally create your own band that stays with you throughout the tour. That's a small but nice touch.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rock Band is dead. Long live Rock Band. Indy_aka_Rex Game Room 11 03-02-2013 04:33 AM
Band Hero PS3 Import Code for sale, Madagascar Kartz XBOX 360 Rock Band Metal thelwig14 Video Game Exchange 4 11-07-2009 12:23 PM
Ion reveals $299.99 price for premium Rock Band drums HD Halo X Gaming Smackdown 22 07-12-2008 04:28 PM
Rock Bands drums too loud for you? twonunpackmule Game Room 8 11-29-2007 05:53 PM
Rock-Band-mic-and-drums-revealed-sort-of Master X Game Room 0 06-25-2007 11:11 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off