Mini Far Cry 2 review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 PM

Default Mini Far Cry 2 review

So far I havew to say im amazed with the game. The scope of it is just amazing. Although ive heard reports of saying that the 50 hours worth of gameplay was exagerated I can guarantee you all that it will be 50 hours at least to do everything. Ive mainly been doing sidequests for my Ai buddies and with only 4 missions in im at about 6 hours worth of gameplay. I havent even done one mission for either of the 2 factions that are in the game. The visuals of the game are fantastic. I had to take a double take at one point. I was crawling up the hillside of a mountain so I could get a better view of a guardpost I wanted to take out and when I got to the top i could not believe how real everything looked. The lighting in the game is also trmendous. So far I think the only problem I really have with the game is the way you purchase weapons. The currency you use throughout the game are diamonds. You can get diamonds by getting them for completing missions, and there are briefcases throughout the game that you can find. It just seems like it would be pretty damn difficult to aquire alot of the weapons in the game because for the number of diamonds you get vary. I wouldve just rather had a cash currency like the GTA games but in the end this just makes the player focus more on missions and exploration. By the way, just driving or walking around is a blast as well to just check the scenery out. Like I said before I have not even done a single mission yet for either one of the 2 factions so ill post updates later tonite.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM

Tibby PLEASE tell me if you can play split screen multiplayer (offline). I have to know for sure - the answer looks like no, but I gots to know..

PLEASE HLEP!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Gameplay 9.0
The engine is the shooting star, while the solid story and slick presentation provide competent supporting performances.

Graphics 8.5
Itís not the best looking FPS on the 360, but it looks good for its overall scope.

Audio 9.0
The soundtrack and voice acting feel at home. Sound effects are spot-on for a FPS of this nature.

Longevity 9.6
Map editing, massive single player and full-featured online functionality equals tons of play time.

Innovation 9.5
PC innovation available in convenient, console form.

Overall 9.0
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1600/Far-Cry-2/p2/
Old 10-22-2008, 06:04 PM

MasterX, I was actually going to ask you to peek at the back of the box in your store to see what it said for multiplayer.. honestly.. I'm going crazy here!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 PM

lol

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread...84257&page=152

"No you cannot unless I am mistaken. There is LAN though, if it matters."
Old 10-22-2008, 07:34 PM

where do I find that first damn diamond briefcase?

I follow the gps and it flashes green fast then when I point to a wall with posters it stops flashing...

where is the damn briefcase????
Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 PM

nm found it