Technicolor Employee arrested for pirating GOW2 and Fable2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2008, 01:33 PM

Default Technicolor Employee arrested for pirating GOW2 and Fable2

Guy gets what he deserves IMO.

http://achievecommunity.my-rpg.com/t...discs-n296.htm

Quote:
Well if you where curious where the leaked copy of Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 came from, well look no further than Technicolor employee Rodney Gray from Memphis, Tennessee. He stole 100 or so copies of each game from the company along with over 800 DVD's and had been selling them illegally.

According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, police were alerted when a security guard for Technicolor reported the theft of the different media discs. After staking out Gray at his hotel, police pulled him over last Thursday for outstanding driving offenses and found 31 copies of the games in a bag he had on his person. Upon entering his hotel room, they found 97 copies of the games along with the 807 unreleased DVDs. Police are unsure how many had already been sold on the street, but they are estimating the total worth of the merchandise at over $100,000, and they are currently investigating an unnamed companion in the theft.

This hurts the gaming industry as a whole and will hurt Techincolors chances at future contracts in gaming. It's also worth noting that in the report Grey's PC had copies of both games downloaded to the HDD and plit into 74 .rar files, no doubt for illegal distribution online. As bad an image as this leaves on Techincolor, I doubt it will hurt the world of piracy and grey will no doubt be made an example of in an effort to scare online pirates.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggumsmax View Post
I hope they fuck him over hard.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Sounds like Technicolor needs bonded employee's. Otherwise one jerk like this could cost companies millions. I wonder what the total cost of damages done by him pirating all those movies and GoW2.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Sounds like Technicolor needs bonded employee's. Otherwise one jerk like this could cost companies millions. I wonder what the total cost of damages done by him pirating all those movies and GoW2.

here it is ... But I mean it's exponentially more per download done.

Quote:
Police are unsure how many had already been sold on the street, but they are estimating the total worth of the merchandise at over $100,000,
Old 10-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Sucks for Technicolor as I'm sure they will lose some business over this but in the end its still their fault. When you work in an industry where thousand if not millions can be made from pirating you need to have proper security measures in place. Doesn't sound like they did.