Will there ever be classic strategy games for XBLA? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM

Default Will there ever be classic strategy games for XBLA?

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Just wondering if there will be any classic strategy games for the XBLA. The ones I'm referring to are Risk, Stratego, Axis and Allies, Railroad Tycoon, Gettysburg Civil War Battle Game 125th Anniversary Edition
, Rheinlander, Fortress America, Castle Risk, Conquest of the Fallen Lands, and the ultimate classic (only true strategist have played) Panzer Grenadier and Age of Sail. Several I have played, and the others I enjoy watching my friends play years ago.

Anyways, I hope we can get some more great not just Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and of course Chess Master.

I wish someone here who has a contact would get Hasbro get to some of there games listed above out for XBLA.

Cheers,

Graf
Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Don't forget Shotest Shogi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Ulrich 88 View Post
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Just wondering if there will be any classic strategy games for the XBLA. The ones I'm referring to are Risk, Stratego, Axis and Allies, Railroad Tycoon, Gettysburg Civil War Battle Game 125th Anniversary Edition
, Rheinlander, Fortress America, Castle Risk, Conquest of the Fallen Lands, and the ultimate classic (only true strategist have played) Panzer Grenadier and Age of Sail. Several I have played, and the others I enjoy watching my friends play years ago.

Anyways, I hope we can get some more great not just Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and of course Chess Master.

I wish someone here who has a contact would get Hasbro get to some of there games listed above out for XBLA.

Cheers,

Graf
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Well you know EA Casual signed that deal with Hasbro awhile back. Monopoly of course being the first game out from that partnership of bringing Hasbro's classic games to the digital world. But N'Gai does bring up the possiblity of the new Risk: Black Ops being a pefect candidate for that....

Hasbro Set To Launch Revamped Risk: Black Ops. Could It Also Be EA Casual's Next Big Hit?

Just have to wait and see man.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 PM

Default Appreciate your feedback

Hey,

Thanks for your feed back. I also wish the other games would be developed that I mentioned.

Anyone have any favorite Strategy game they want to see on XBLA? Perhaps some othe old school games.

Cheers,

Graf
Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks for your feed back. I also wish the other games would be developed that I mentioned.

Anyone have any favorite Strategy game they want to see on XBLA? Perhaps some othe old school games.

Cheers,

Graf
Axis and Allies or Panzer General, hell anything from SSI.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM

I always loved Stratego so I'd be up for that. I could never get into the more complicated RTS board games though.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:11 PM

Default Stratego is cool

Hey Mojo,

I was North Central Washington State Stratego Champ for over 5 years when I was a kid. Great game. I own the PC version.

Cheers,

Graf
Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 AM

I wish Hasbro would release a XBLA version of Scrabble. I am a HUGE Scrabble addict.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Hey Mojo,

I was North Central Washington State Stratego Champ for over 5 years when I was a kid. Great game. I own the PC version.
In that case remind me to never play you over Xbox Live if it ever comes out. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
I wish Hasbro would release a XBLA version of Scrabble. I am a HUGE Scrabble addict.
Keep your eyes peeled cause I think Scrabble has been mentioned.

Last edited by Mojo; 10-23-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:29 PM

Default Let the Strategy games begin

Mojo,

I look forward to playing you in Stratego. All see if can get back to my former self. I'm a good competitor and a nice guy. I also take defeat well.

Cheers,

Graf.