Will there ever be classic strategy games for XBLA? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 38
Default Will there ever be classic strategy games for XBLA?

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Just wondering if there will be any classic strategy games for the XBLA. The ones I'm referring to are Risk, Stratego, Axis and Allies, Railroad Tycoon, Gettysburg Civil War Battle Game 125th Anniversary Edition
, Rheinlander, Fortress America, Castle Risk, Conquest of the Fallen Lands, and the ultimate classic (only true strategist have played) Panzer Grenadier and Age of Sail. Several I have played, and the others I enjoy watching my friends play years ago.

Anyways, I hope we can get some more great not just Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and of course Chess Master.

I wish someone here who has a contact would get Hasbro get to some of there games listed above out for XBLA.

Cheers,

Graf
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Don't forget Shotest Shogi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Ulrich 88 View Post
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Just wondering if there will be any classic strategy games for the XBLA. The ones I'm referring to are Risk, Stratego, Axis and Allies, Railroad Tycoon, Gettysburg Civil War Battle Game 125th Anniversary Edition
, Rheinlander, Fortress America, Castle Risk, Conquest of the Fallen Lands, and the ultimate classic (only true strategist have played) Panzer Grenadier and Age of Sail. Several I have played, and the others I enjoy watching my friends play years ago.

Anyways, I hope we can get some more great not just Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and of course Chess Master.

I wish someone here who has a contact would get Hasbro get to some of there games listed above out for XBLA.

Cheers,

Graf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Mojo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Ulrich 88 View Post
I wish someone here who has a contact would get Hasbro get to some of there games listed above out for XBLA.
Well you know EA Casual signed that deal with Hasbro awhile back. Monopoly of course being the first game out from that partnership of bringing Hasbro's classic games to the digital world. But N'Gai does bring up the possiblity of the new Risk: Black Ops being a pefect candidate for that....

Hasbro Set To Launch Revamped Risk: Black Ops. Could It Also Be EA Casual's Next Big Hit?

Just have to wait and see man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 38
Default Appreciate your feedback

Hey,

Thanks for your feed back. I also wish the other games would be developed that I mentioned.

Anyone have any favorite Strategy game they want to see on XBLA? Perhaps some othe old school games.

Cheers,

Graf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Ulrich 88 View Post
Hey,

Thanks for your feed back. I also wish the other games would be developed that I mentioned.

Anyone have any favorite Strategy game they want to see on XBLA? Perhaps some othe old school games.

Cheers,

Graf
Axis and Allies or Panzer General, hell anything from SSI.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Mojo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,191
Default

I always loved Stratego so I'd be up for that. I could never get into the more complicated RTS board games though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 38
Default Stratego is cool

Hey Mojo,

I was North Central Washington State Stratego Champ for over 5 years when I was a kid. Great game. I own the PC version.

Cheers,

Graf
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 AM
upgrayedd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,687
Default

I wish Hasbro would release a XBLA version of Scrabble. I am a HUGE Scrabble addict.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Mojo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Ulrich 88 View Post
Hey Mojo,

I was North Central Washington State Stratego Champ for over 5 years when I was a kid. Great game. I own the PC version.
In that case remind me to never play you over Xbox Live if it ever comes out. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
I wish Hasbro would release a XBLA version of Scrabble. I am a HUGE Scrabble addict.
Keep your eyes peeled cause I think Scrabble has been mentioned.

Last edited by Mojo; 10-23-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 38
Default Let the Strategy games begin

Mojo,

I look forward to playing you in Stratego. All see if can get back to my former self. I'm a good competitor and a nice guy. I also take defeat well.

Cheers,

Graf.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RKO Classic Romances Collection & RKO Classic Adventures Collection - April 2 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 02-12-2019 11:11 AM
Konami's classic X-Men arcade game coming to PSN and XBLA Master X Game Room 45 12-19-2010 05:42 AM
XBLA size limit going up, MS: XBLA to leapfrog pass PSN, Wiiware Master X Gaming Smackdown 289 05-23-2008 11:43 PM
XBLA RAM limits effecting XBLA games Keegs Gaming Smackdown 35 03-13-2008 04:23 AM
XBLA gets a classic...REZ ben1080p Game Room 5 12-19-2007 10:38 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off