far cry 2 map editor - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

Default far cry 2 map editor

this is freaking awesome. I think the 360 also has it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti.../video/6199377
Old 10-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Watcher of stances

are maps exportable or sharable?
Old 10-19-2008, 01:46 PM

pretty tight, might have to reconsider picking this up. I wonder if I can import my own 3d models into the editor
Old 10-19-2008, 02:57 PM

are the maps playable in multiplayer if so then thats friggin awesome
Old 10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
are maps exportable or sharable?
Quote:
The global icon of France has been painstakingly re-created using steel beams, concrete slabs, and a radio tower. By placing a spawn point at the top of the tower, you can afford yourself a striking view of the virtual Seine River, as well as the soon-to-be corpses of your enemies. But watch yourself: The surrounding trees in the Champs de Mars provide ample cover for ground-based snipers. You could spend hours creating this map yourself, or download a finished version and start from there. The original author will retain credit, however.
exportable? well you can download someone else's map and modify it.

Quote:
And if you don't like any of these maps, pop into the map editor and create your own. Each custom map will support all four game modes and up to 16 players.
yep

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ml?sid=6197984

this game went from okay to I have to have this game now. this and lbp will show how well people are at creating stuff. I wish all games would have some form of editor or something to create.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:33 AM

Man this game is really hard not to get
Shit looks good
Old 10-20-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
OXM had a box quote of its own to give saying:

Far Cry 2 is this year’s equivalent of Assassin’s Creed… when it comes to enveloping the player in exotic sights and sounds, Ubisoft has absolutely nailed it… What separates Far Cry 2 from other shooters of this ilk is that there really aren’t any rules to follow… The custom map feature makes Halo 3’s editor look like a joke.
peep the info
Old 10-20-2008, 10:47 AM

What's actually a joke is if FC2 doesn't have split-screen multiplayer.. and I don't think it will I guess tuesday nights will be LAN party nights at my place then..
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
What's actually a joke is if FC2 doesn't have split-screen multiplayer.. and I don't think it will I guess tuesday nights will be LAN party nights at my place then..
what new pc games have multiplayer split screen?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 PM

Well, I was thinking more in terms of the PS3 and X360 ones. I had heard that FarCry had split screen when it came out, and I think it's a bad tactic we are seeing too much of, not including split screen. I'm biased though, as that is my favorite way to play any FPS.

Having the best looking (in my estimation) map editor ever with no split screen is salt in the wounds.. I would have loved having multiplayer split screen for Half-Life2 (I know, I know team fortress..) or for Unreal tournament (in fact, I would have likely bought that one if it supported split screen, but because it doesn't ... screw that - and I think the sales might have shown that). I might have actually played warhawk if you could do split screen, Timeshift.. same deal... the same goes for pretty much any shooter FPS to TPS that doesn't have s/s - I will not likely pick it up.. My criteria for a shooter is generally that it has to be 2 player first, then I want to know a little about the story.. I'm not one for futuristic weaponry so much, but if done like resistance1's then that works for me.. The mechanics have to be good, and not cartoony like Halo or Fracture.. even Haze was a little cartoony...

but that's how I roll.