LBP and Viva Pinata Make Yahoo's Hottest Holiday Toys - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 PM

Default LBP and Viva Pinata Make Yahoo's Hottest Holiday Toys

Pretty cool little article I thought. A lot of these toys I hadn't even heard of -- but I found it interesting that two console games made it on there. I saw LBP and was immediately interested, and then wondered if I'd see Viva Pinata. Sure enough, it's there

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...ids-and-teens/

The article is incorrect though. It says LBP is a "one player game":
Quote:
LittleBigPlanet
The PS3's first killer family title hits this fall, starring a strange moppet named Sackboy. This one-player game unfolds in a beautiful, photorealistic world of stitched-together landscapes that is truly immersive and customizable. Kids can spend years, though — as will you, you'll soon discover — making their own levels and sharing them with others online with the game's easy-to-use built-in world-building toolkits. ($59.99)
Here's what they said about Viva
Quote:
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Kids' games sure are odd. In the latest version of Viva Piñata, your children collect Day-Glo piñatas in a little garden and have them reproduce, creating more cute-yet-creepy characters for them to trade with friends. The result is totally addictive, especially if you're 8 years old and all of this makes total sense to you. ($39.99)
Oh... and they mentioned spore too