COD2 on veteran - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 PM

Default COD2 on veteran

I was just wondering who had played through COD2 on Veteran. Just got done with it today. it took me 3 days from start to finish and I have to say there were parts that made me want to snap the disc in half and thats coming from someone who had played and beat R6 Vegas, and both GRAWs on the hard setting. I know many people will scoff at a COD2 thread but the game is one of my favorites of all time, and to this day its my opinion thats its one of the best games on the 360.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 PM

I have done it. I thought it was a ton of fun as well, I enjoyed screaming at COD4 more though. Some of those missions I thought I would never get through.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM

It is one of the best 360 games.
Its hard as hell dude. I get so pissed lol.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:13 AM

HAHA!

Oh shit! This game took me 1 year to beat...1 year!!!

I just got so pissed off at the Barn Missions...you know the one where you had to go and "clear the houses". I believe this was a late British Level. Anyway, I stopped playing. I couldn't make myself do it anymore. I just had to take a break. Well, I got sidetracked, and it took a whole year and some months to finally get to playing it again.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
HAHA!

Oh shit! This game took me 1 year to beat...1 year!!!

I just got so pissed off at the Barn Missions...you know the one where you had to go and "clear the houses". I believe this was a late British Level. Anyway, I stopped playing. I couldn't make myself do it anymore. I just had to take a break. Well, I got sidetracked, and it took a whole year and some months to finally get to playing it again.
I was stuck on that for a while too. I actually had to have my "expert COD" brother beat that part for me. I tried everything for almost 8 hours straight one day. He came over and beat it his 4th or 5th attempt I believe.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:36 AM

The british mission set thats in Caen was the real bitch for me. There was one mission where a german field HQ had to be taken out. I believe it was the 2nd to last mission set in caen and it took me nearly 45 minutes to get through that part. Germans just kept spawning and it through my controller a few times lol. Another toughy was the american mission " The Silo". it ntook me mmore than a few tries to clear the final house and I knew that taking out mortars would be next. I cant belive how much harder it was on veteran, mortar teams were coming out of no where. than there was Crossing the Rhine. There was one part on that mission I never thought I would get through. An hour later and I was well on my way to defaeting the german war machine. Now that I have my points I think itill be playing it again, this time on normal,just so i can relax and enjoy how beautiful the game is. Also if you have beat COD4 on Veteran Jawooki you have my praise. Thats something ill never have the balls to attempt.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbydriver View Post
I was just wondering who had played through COD2 on Veteran. Just got done with it today. it took me 3 days from start to finish and I have to say there were parts that made me want to snap the disc in half and thats coming from someone who had played and beat R6 Vegas, and both GRAWs on the hard setting. I know many people will scoff at a COD2 thread but the game is one of my favorites of all time, and to this day its my opinion thats its one of the best games on the 360.
I have beat COD2 and COD4 on Veteran. Overall I'd say that CoD4 might have been slightly harder, extremely close though. I have also beat R6 Vegas on Realistic and well as Gears on Insane(on two player though).

COD2 is still one of the 5 best game on the 360 IMO.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 AM

I'm currently on the silo mission with the mortor teams and the game saved in the worst spot. I seriously don't think I can beat it with where my save point is at. I have tried now for about a total of around 5 hours.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterDance View Post
I'm currently on the silo mission with the mortor teams and the game saved in the worst spot. I seriously don't think I can beat it with where my save point is at. I have tried now for about a total of around 5 hours.
This part pissed me off especially. Its usually one of my favorite parts of the game but when it came to snipe the mortor teams I had no idea how much harder it would be. It saved it a bad spot for me as well,I had like 2:40 left on the clock and as soon as my game would reload I would automatically have 4 teams on the ground. I had to memorize which ones were already firing, and which ones were running to set up ther position.