Gears of War on Insane (solo) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-14-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Gears of War on Insane (solo)

So I decided to finish Gears of War again... on insane difficulty this time. I finished it on hardcore difficulty and it was fairly hard... this insane shit is, well, insane.

Fuck.

I am stuck in the "Belly of the Beast - Angry Titan" section and I am getting seriously pissed off over here.

So, you tell me... Is there ANYTHING in the world of videogames more annoying than those fucking wretches??? Those damned things are always leapin' around like a goddamned spider monkey and Dom doesn't do shit, other than get killed, thus leaving you with about 8 wretches to deal with.

Wretches suck!!! I don't know if I can friggin' do this.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
So I decided to finish Gears of War again... on insane difficulty this time. I finished it on hardcore difficulty and it was fairly hard... this insane shit is, well, insane.

Fuck.

I am stuck in the "Belly of the Beast - Angry Titan" section and I am getting seriously pissed off over here.

So, you tell me... Is there ANYTHING in the world of videogames more annoying than those fucking wretches??? Those damned things are always leapin' around like a goddamned spider monkey and Dom doesn't do shit, other than get killed, thus leaving you with about 8 wretches to deal with.

Wretches suck!!! I don't know if I can friggin' do this.

Snad, Mase and I did that one I think on Legendary and I thought it was hard even then. The leaping things were very annoying. I really didn't like the number of guns I needed to take down the various crap in there, seemed like there were just too many and finding the right gun gets annoying, esp. if you don't know what works with what.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Snad, Mase and I did that one I think on Legendary and I thought it was hard even then. The leaping things were very annoying. I really didn't like the number of guns I needed to take down the various crap in there, seemed like there were just too many and finding the right gun gets annoying, esp. if you don't know what works with what.
It is fucking horrible! The corpser is a complete wimp... shoot him in the stomach a couple of times, then under the chin and he squeals like a little girl and retreats... I can get him all the way to the back before any wretches come out, but they screw me every time.

The problem with the wretches is that they leap around all over the place and there are a lot of them. I don't know if I can do this solo. I was able to finish the game solo on hardcore, but my computer helper is apparently too stupid to either lure the wretches away or, god forbid, kill them.

I suppose that's why they call the hardest level "insane" though... you have to be insane to think that you can finish it.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:33 PM

I did it with a buddy on Insane difficulty and the wretches seriously pissed us off as well. I think basically we only beat it by replaying that part again and again and making it through sheer blind luck lol. Have fun!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Watcher of stances

didn't have too much trouble with the corpser on insane mode, but i've beaten the game quite a few times on coop before i tried solo

had him dead right after the first wave of wretches, just keep backing him up

the part that had me stuck on for a while was when you have to defend the rear entrance of the house.
raam was pretty easy with the right strategy
Old 10-14-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
didn't have too much trouble with the corpser on insane mode, but i've beaten the game quite a few times on coop before i tried solo

had him dead right after the first wave of wretches, just keep backing him up

the part that had me stuck on for a while was when you have to defend the rear entrance of the house.
raam was pretty easy with the right strategy
I can get the corpser all the way to the back almost immediately... then the damned wretches come and my AI partner decides not to help me, the wretches descend and my balls are used as snack food.

I swear to god, this part wasn't that hard on hardcore... it seems to be an order of magnitude harder now. Or it could be that I finished the game a long time ago and am not as good at it now:

Soldier - Complete all acts on Hardcore Difficulty - 20
Acquired 9/17/2007

Maybe that's it... I just suck.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:02 PM

The corpser is a freaking pushover.

Seriously, run up to it's side. Bust out the shotgun. Then shoot the jaw, gut, jaw, gut, jaw gut...then shoot the pillars. Do it as quick as you can, and those wretches never come out.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
The corpser is a freaking pushover.

Seriously, run up to it's side. Bust out the shotgun. Then shoot the jaw, gut, jaw, gut, jaw gut...then shoot the pillars. Do it as quick as you can, and those wretches never come out.
That worked much better... I was going from in front of him, shooting in the stomach and then chin. The side worked a million times easier... I didn't have to fuck with any wretches.

Thanks for the side-attack tip!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
That worked much better... I was going from in front of him, shooting in the stomach and then chin. The side worked a million times easier... I didn't have to fuck with any wretches.

Thanks for the side-attack tip!
Yeah, I found that tactic when I first played the game. I share whenever possible.

It does turn the event into something terribly easy though...

Raam is a freaking bullet sponge. Good luck on that. The ways of youtube will show you the way, but pulling it off is tough.

Also, the section with the Theron Guards was extremely frustrating.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:42 PM

Gun to use... SHOTGUN. And is this the lvl were they are radioactive and explode? If so that was a pain in the ass and took me about half hour to get through it. After that it gets easy again.... Till get to General RAAM....that fight took me an hour and I had to "phone a friend" and get him to get on and join up and help me. Cause Dom is fuckn useless in this game. If Baird was the "2nd" player he would own.

Guns to use through out if you can. Hammerburst, shotgun and torque bow/sniper.
Lancer sucks except for melee kills, and either pistol is ok.