Xbox 360 - Memory Upgrade Program - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
hdinred's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,817
Default Xbox 360 - Memory Upgrade Program

http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/

Noticed this at NeoGaf, apparently Microsoft is offering a refurbished 20 GB hard drive for $20 or a Free 512 MB MU to get you ready for the NXE.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
KTA's Avatar
KTA KTA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/

Noticed this at NeoGaf, apparently Microsoft is offering a refurbished 20 GB hard drive for $20 or a Free 512 MB MU to get you ready for the NXE.
Shit this is almost smackdown worthy. That's awesome for core owners!

At the very least i'd put it in vsions thread or ask him to edit it into his OP.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 PM
james's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,135
Default

$20 bucks for a 20GB HDD is cheap....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
HD Halo X's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,135
Default

Mod please move to Smackdown once confirmed. This would effectively end all the "What about teh Core?" smacktalk(even though no Core owners have spoken up). Say hi to ya motha for me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Vsions's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,451
Default

that is very cool of them. I think my thread is buried but Id be willing to update it if true.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
michealo's Avatar
Watcher of stances
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Halo X View Post
Mod please move to Smackdown once confirmed. This would effectively end all the "What about teh Core?" smacktalk(even though no Core owners have spoken up). Say hi to ya motha for me.
it doesn't "end" the "what about core" comments as users still have to become aware of this product and order the accessory over the web.
it's not like every core owner will receive a post card or the accessory for free by mail one day.
all 360 models aren't magically gaining a dedicated HDD, which is my personal issue with the core SKU.

there's a thread in smackdown already on this topic, would like to leave this one open for a higher level of interest.
__________________
why hate? participate!
Elitist Indifference FTW
xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

I'm not exactly sure how the offer works... here's the message I received when I put in the information from my son's Arcade model:

Enjoy the New Xbox Experience and Xbox LIVE!

Congratulations! According to our records you have the necessary hardware and storage space to enjoy the new Xbox Experience.

Instantly stream movies from Netflix*, download the latest High Def TV shows and Hollywood hits^ or play classics like PAC-MAN, Galaga Legions, Bejeweled 2 and UNO.

Express your personality with a customizable, animated Avatar that allows you to literally jump into the world of Xbox LIVE. Plus, transform every entertainment experience into a shared experience using text, Instant Messenger, voice or video chat and the new LIVE Party to connect your friends, family and the entertainment you love.

We’ll see you online!


^ Requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive

* Requires additional 8MB of available storage and Netflix membership


It didn't offer me any option for acquiring any hardware at all... perhaps this is because the new Arcade systems came with a memory card?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
james's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I'm not exactly sure how the offer works... here's the message I received when I put in the information from my son's Arcade model:

Enjoy the New Xbox Experience and Xbox LIVE!

Congratulations! According to our records you have the necessary hardware and storage space to enjoy the new Xbox Experience.

Instantly stream movies from Netflix*, download the latest High Def TV shows and Hollywood hits^ or play classics like PAC-MAN, Galaga Legions, Bejeweled 2 and UNO.

Express your personality with a customizable, animated Avatar that allows you to literally jump into the world of Xbox LIVE. Plus, transform every entertainment experience into a shared experience using text, Instant Messenger, voice or video chat and the new LIVE Party to connect your friends, family and the entertainment you love.

We’ll see you online!


^ Requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive

* Requires additional 8MB of available storage and Netflix membership


It didn't offer me any option for acquiring any hardware at all... perhaps this is because the new Arcade systems came with a memory card?
I'm pretty sure this only applies to Core owners, not Arcade owners. The NXE requires 128 MB of storage, so Arcade owners with the included 256 MB memory card are good to go. The Core model didn't include a memory card. Although, I think it would be nice if MS offered the 20GB HDD to all Core/Arcade owners for $20, but I would imagine that would be very expensive.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I'm pretty sure this only applies to Core owners, not Arcade owners. The NXE requires 128 MB of storage, so Arcade owners with the included 256 MB memory card are good to go. The Core model didn't include a memory card. Although, I think it would be nice if MS offered the 20GB HDD to all Core/Arcade owners for $20, but I would imagine that would be very expensive.
Ahhhh... so the Core didn't come with a memory card at all. That's the deal. I get it now.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Linderman Corp.'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 664
Default

I got a core on launch day cause thats all the store had left, even though i got a HDD for it i am so gonna claim my free memory card.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Miss the Upgrade & Save Program timcharger Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 1 12-11-2013 08:20 AM
Best Buy Upgrade and Save Program is back on Sunday usckid Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 85 08-12-2013 11:17 PM
Best Buy Upgrade and Save program returns tomorrow Truthaddict11 Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 17 05-11-2012 12:05 AM
Best Buy "Upgrade and Save" Program Gives You $5 Off Blu-rays for DVD Trade-ins TheDickWard Blu-ray Software General Discussion 29 05-03-2012 08:11 PM
Disney upgrade to Blu program Dr_Teeth Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 9 11-24-2009 03:36 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off