Xbox 360 - Memory Upgrade Program - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-13-2008, 07:14 PM

Default Xbox 360 - Memory Upgrade Program

http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/

Noticed this at NeoGaf, apparently Microsoft is offering a refurbished 20 GB hard drive for $20 or a Free 512 MB MU to get you ready for the NXE.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/

Noticed this at NeoGaf, apparently Microsoft is offering a refurbished 20 GB hard drive for $20 or a Free 512 MB MU to get you ready for the NXE.
Shit this is almost smackdown worthy. That's awesome for core owners!

At the very least i'd put it in vsions thread or ask him to edit it into his OP.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 PM

$20 bucks for a 20GB HDD is cheap....
Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 PM

Mod please move to Smackdown once confirmed. This would effectively end all the "What about teh Core?" smacktalk(even though no Core owners have spoken up). Say hi to ya motha for me.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 PM

that is very cool of them. I think my thread is buried but Id be willing to update it if true.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Watcher of stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Halo X View Post
Mod please move to Smackdown once confirmed. This would effectively end all the "What about teh Core?" smacktalk(even though no Core owners have spoken up). Say hi to ya motha for me.
it doesn't "end" the "what about core" comments as users still have to become aware of this product and order the accessory over the web.
it's not like every core owner will receive a post card or the accessory for free by mail one day.
all 360 models aren't magically gaining a dedicated HDD, which is my personal issue with the core SKU.

there's a thread in smackdown already on this topic, would like to leave this one open for a higher level of interest.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM

I'm not exactly sure how the offer works... here's the message I received when I put in the information from my son's Arcade model:

Enjoy the New Xbox Experience and Xbox LIVE!

Congratulations! According to our records you have the necessary hardware and storage space to enjoy the new Xbox Experience.

Instantly stream movies from Netflix*, download the latest High Def TV shows and Hollywood hits^ or play classics like PAC-MAN, Galaga Legions, Bejeweled 2 and UNO.

Express your personality with a customizable, animated Avatar that allows you to literally jump into the world of Xbox LIVE. Plus, transform every entertainment experience into a shared experience using text, Instant Messenger, voice or video chat and the new LIVE Party to connect your friends, family and the entertainment you love.

We’ll see you online!

^ Requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive

* Requires additional 8MB of available storage and Netflix membership

It didn't offer me any option for acquiring any hardware at all... perhaps this is because the new Arcade systems came with a memory card?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I'm not exactly sure how the offer works... here's the message I received when I put in the information from my son's Arcade model:

Enjoy the New Xbox Experience and Xbox LIVE!

Congratulations! According to our records you have the necessary hardware and storage space to enjoy the new Xbox Experience.

Instantly stream movies from Netflix*, download the latest High Def TV shows and Hollywood hits^ or play classics like PAC-MAN, Galaga Legions, Bejeweled 2 and UNO.

Express your personality with a customizable, animated Avatar that allows you to literally jump into the world of Xbox LIVE. Plus, transform every entertainment experience into a shared experience using text, Instant Messenger, voice or video chat and the new LIVE Party to connect your friends, family and the entertainment you love.

We’ll see you online!

^ Requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive

* Requires additional 8MB of available storage and Netflix membership

It didn't offer me any option for acquiring any hardware at all... perhaps this is because the new Arcade systems came with a memory card?
I'm pretty sure this only applies to Core owners, not Arcade owners. The NXE requires 128 MB of storage, so Arcade owners with the included 256 MB memory card are good to go. The Core model didn't include a memory card. Although, I think it would be nice if MS offered the 20GB HDD to all Core/Arcade owners for $20, but I would imagine that would be very expensive.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I'm pretty sure this only applies to Core owners, not Arcade owners. The NXE requires 128 MB of storage, so Arcade owners with the included 256 MB memory card are good to go. The Core model didn't include a memory card. Although, I think it would be nice if MS offered the 20GB HDD to all Core/Arcade owners for $20, but I would imagine that would be very expensive.
Ahhhh... so the Core didn't come with a memory card at all. That's the deal. I get it now.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:52 AM

I got a core on launch day cause thats all the store had left, even though i got a HDD for it i am so gonna claim my free memory card.