Sony and TGS? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Default Sony and TGS?

So, I saw a bit of the Microsoft keynote for TGS, where they made the majority of their *announcements*. More Halo (shocker), some XBLA stuff, other random news. Seems like most of the sites I visit gave a clear breakdown of what Microsoft announced.

What happened to Sony? Have they just not had their keynote yet? If so, when is it so I can check it out. If they have, does anyone know what they announced or of a site that maybe has an easily digestible list of their announcements. So far on PS3fanboy and other sites I have seen minor TGS updates (screens, trailers, impressions), but all for games we already knew about.

Did I miss something? Or have they not made their announcements yet?

(Also, any words on MGS 4 trophies or PS2 software emulation for the PS3 if they have talked about that stuff yet?)

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I just can't seem to find a time for the Sony Keynote on the web, so its hard for me to know what's going on.

**Disclaimer**
I posted this in the Game Room for a reason. I own both consoles and just want to keep informed. This is not meant to initiate any sort of TGS console smackdown!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwoodJD View Post
So, I saw a bit of the Microsoft keynote for TGS, where they made the majority of their *announcements*. More Halo (shocker), some XBLA stuff, other random news. Seems like most of the sites I visit gave a clear breakdown of what Microsoft announced.

What happened to Sony? Have they just not had their keynote yet? If so, when is it so I can check it out. If they have, does anyone know what they announced or of a site that maybe has an easily digestible list of their announcements. So far on PS3fanboy and other sites I have seen minor TGS updates (screens, trailers, impressions), but all for games we already knew about.

Did I miss something? Or have they not made their announcements yet?

(Also, any words on MGS 4 trophies or PS2 software emulation for the PS3 if they have talked about that stuff yet?)

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I just can't seem to find a time for the Sony Keynote on the web, so its hard for me to know what's going on.

**Disclaimer**
I posted this in the Game Room for a reason. I own both consoles and just want to keep informed. This is not meant to initiate any sort of TGS console smackdown!
Honestly, and with no smackdown intent, the Sony conference was rather meh... nothing like you were hoping (i.e. MGS 4 trophies or PS2 B/C)
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Formerly mgillespie

Is this the new rule here, as long as you prefix anything this "Honestly, and with no smackdown intent" anything goes.

Welcome to Smackdown mk2... Can't some people ever be civil? There was no big Sony press conference, it was workshop style, with 35 or so playable upcoming games in the booths.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoylentGreen View Post
Is this the new rule here, as long as you prefix anything this "Honestly, and with no smackdown intent" anything goes.

Welcome to Smackdown mk2... Can't some people ever be civil? There was no big Sony press conference, it was workshop style, with 35 or so playable upcoming games in the booths.
Hey listen fudman, when I come here, I don't have a preference. I am myself. I fuck around in Smackdown because it's fun. But here, I enjoy MGS4 and LBP. Unlike you (The most uncivil person on this forum) I can enjoy other company products.

The Sony conference didn't have anything new to really bring to the table. I didn't find it interesting and considerign what the OP wanted from it, he didn't get his delivered either. He wanted an honest opinion, WTF was I supposed to say "OH YEAH IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM. "

The MS one wasn't anything to write home about either. It has Halo Recond which he had already heard about and Tekken 6 which many of us predicted.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Here's the run down of the Sony TGS turn of events

Quote:
13:08 - President Hirai takes the stage. Talks about and emphasizes the quality of PSP package titles and PSN titles.
13:10 - Sean...Leiden(?) of SCEJ takes the stage
13:12 - New PS3 SKU announced. 80gb, dualshock 3, 39980yen including tax starting 10/30. Colors are same as before; silver, black, white
13:15 - GT5P and LBP bundles will also go on sale at the same time
13:18 - PS Store for PSP starting on 10/15
13:19 - In the near future, PSP disc based games will be downloadable
13:21 - Using PS3 for PSP adhoc mode will be available starting 10/30 and will be called Adhoc Party. Monsterhunter 2G will be ready to go from the first day.
13:28 - Announcing uses for PS Home. Creators from Capcom, BanNam are talking very enthusiastically about PS Home.
13:28 PS Home participants = 24 companies (not sure if it's game related companies or other companies for ads and stuff)
13:37 - PS Home will commence open beta service within CY2008
13:39 - The end.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:30 PM

Snadinator, thanks for the run down. I agree, neither side much to write home about, but I;m sure everyone found something they're happy about. I was wishing for those two goodies, but not devestated its not happening. Do you know anything about this PSP ad hoc deal? Not sure what that is...

Anyway, personally I guess no blockbusters from either of the consoles I own, but glad to see some people can give an honest opinion without turning it into an attack on a console. Thanks alot!

(since when is meh smackdown? Just an indifference, meaning he didn't hear anything that made him turn his head. Smackdown is when you say the Sony Press Conference sucked, the PS3 will fail now, etc. I don't want to start a fight over words, but let's try not to jump on every little word to turn things into a fight?)