(Chwoooooo) This... Is... JEOPARDY...! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2008, 02:46 PM

Default (Chwoooooo) This... Is... JEOPARDY...!

Ok, had a long night of work last night (after a long day at the office too) and didn't feel like getting into half life again (just got to the strider battle) and wanted some casual fun. Bought Jeopardy, 1942 Joint strike and PS1 Twisted Metal 2 (too many hours with friends)

Jeopardy is fun, but what's with the choice in faces? Who looks like any of those? I tried to make my wife so we could play later, there are maybe 2 white women choices, and both look like dogs. The question is pug or st. bernard... pretty sure my hot wife is not going to be pleased to see "her" on this game.. I don't look too good either - but at least there's facial hair for my character to look a little more like my badass self...
Also, the lack of announcement and sound during the game (aside from buzzer and claps the game sounds like the inside of a tomb) is a little disconcerting.

This jeopardy is pretty good though, I remember in the old days how you'd have to type the answer and spell it correctly.. geez.

1942 - sweet - only played it through once, but it kicked ass, it was really nice looking and very fun. I can't wait to do 2 player on it..

Twisted metal 2, wow, I can't believe that at one time I watched video of this on a sampler disc over and over and over.. just salivating.. it looks pretty choppy, but the gameplay is still there, and this one is just aching for some 2 player action! Spectre here I come!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I have Jeopardy too...The absence of an announcer does sort of suck, but you get used to it...it doesn't really take from the game, but i think it would have added to it a little bit.

The questions will start to repeat a bit, so hopefully they will offer some updates...Maybe even user submitted ones, who knows..I guess it depends on how well it sells in regards to the support it will get.

I played the demo of 1942 and loved it..i loved the old stand-up arcade version, so this was a blast to play..I plan on picking that one up soon.

I thought about Twisted Metal II, but I still have the original version, although I have yet to try and play it on the ps3...I don't know if there would be any benefit over playing the original on disc or dl'ing the psn version...It's definitely a game i need to give another spin.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Haha thanks for the update. I was heavily considering jeopardy as I'm a fan -- but I think I'll probably pass for the $20 or $30 they want for it. I'll wait till it's like $10 or so yeah?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Haha thanks for the update. I was heavily considering jeopardy as I'm a fan -- but I think I'll probably pass for the $20 or $30 they want for it. I'll wait till it's like $10 or so yeah?
I think it's $16.99? Regardless, yes, $10 is about all it's worth in it's current format.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM

thanks a lot for that
Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM

Yeah, I paid 14.99 CAD, 1942 was 9.99 and Twisted Metal 2 was 4.99 I think?

Funny I'd spend 30.00 on these dinky games when there is going to be so much to play in the next couple weeks/months.. Kinda stupid if you ask me.. SMACKDOWN.. oh, wait.. game room right.. uh, it doesn't count if you smackdown yourself does it???

Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 PM

I read the bad Jeopardy review but I DL'ed it anyway because I'm a fan. I played it and was like..

This...IS... Jeopardy??
Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM

you forgot the whooshing sound ken... Chwoooooo...!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:02 PM

The questions repeat a lot. A LOT. Beginning with the third game I played, every game has had repeated questions, usually repeated entire categories.

It's still fun, though.

Grasp, you weren't one of the people I toasted last night, were you?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:14 PM

Nope - didn't go online. I got the showboat award and a couple others for my game though.. the final question's answer..er question was "the big bang" and was really easy.. I wish I had bet it all... geez.. instead I ended up with 18K and 76% right. I think I need to get a better feel for what I know and don't. I answered 37 and got 28 right... just me and the other dummies - so you would've smoked me had I been online!