No Goldeneye on XBLA or Wii thanks to Nintendo - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 PM

Default No Goldeneye on XBLA or Wii thanks to Nintendo

Quote:
Microsoft would agree to let Nintendo launch the game on Wiiís Virtual Console if Nintendo agreed to let Microsoft launch it on Xbox Live Arcade. Nintendo didnít like the plan.

Rare started working on GoldenEye XBLA before anybody knew if it was legally possible to release the game; they completed it; Activision, the current holders of the James Bond licence, greenlighted it; and then Nintendo, who share the rights of the original game with Microsoft, refused to give their approval for a joint launch on Wii and Xbox 360. ďBut the game is finished and it could be released if the situation changes in the future,Ē our source added. In other words, Microsoft is still willing to release GoldenEye even if it takes a decade for Nintendo to eat up their ego.
Click link for more info

http://mundorare.com/news/2008/10/on...-to-goldeneye/
Old 10-06-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Microsoft has been more than cool with Nintendo, letting them get Blue Dragon Plus, Viva Pinata on the DS etc... heck they were even developping a Halo for DS at one point where they not?

Why isn't Nintendo scratching MS' back a little bit?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:46 PM

Well gosh darn nintendo... They need to get over their silly pride and just let golden eye go out for both systems. This is what I'm friggen waiting on right now, I want golden eye damnet! For me (at least) it's the second best FPS of all time right behind halo combat evolved. Ugh!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Goldeneye on XBLA with online play would rock.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Why people are clamoring for this is beyond me. This game is way overrated, and revisiting N64 era graphics would melt my eyes.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Refresher View Post
Why people are clamoring for this is beyond me. This game is way overrated, and revisiting N64 era graphics would melt my eyes.
Its one of the best FPS games ever and the same reason people are loving that Megaman 9 is out and the same reason Duke Nukem 3D sold 400k its first week on XBL.

People love there old school games they grew up with.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
ITs hardly overrated, theres a reason its always brought up when people start taking, best shooter ever.

But if im not mistaken, i thought they said they revised the graphics also, for all you graphic whores. Who would rather have a eye orgasm then play a great game.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
ITs hardly overrated, theres a reason its always brought up when people start taking, best shooter ever.

But if im not mistaken, i thought they said they revised the graphics also, for all you graphic whores. Who would rather have a eye orgasm then play a great game.

They probally wont let it on XBL cause they know the Live version would sell more.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itputdalotion0n View Post
The controls are terrible...somethings are best left in the past.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.