This kinda sucks...Fable II Limited Edition changed - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM

Default This kinda sucks...Fable II Limited Edition changed

This is a bummer, I think MS should drop the price of the LE package.

Quote:
Dear Amazon.com Customer, Recently, Microsoft Games Studios announced the Fable II game is in manufacturing and confirmed for Oct 21st in North America. However, due to supply chain issues, Microsoft has revised the Fable II Limited Edition contents. The premium box, five printed fate cards, and Hobbe figure will not be available as part of the Limited Edition. We apologize for any inconvenience. The Fable II Limited Edition will now include the following content:

-Fable II game disc
-Bonus DVD with new 'Making-of' Feature
-Bonus In-Game Content (Requires LIVE account) - Includes "The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon, "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon, and Spartan armor and energy sword

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com/games.

~Amazon.com Video Games Editors We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails of this sort from Amazon.com, please opt-out here.

Please note that product prices and availability are limited time offers and are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this newsletter was sent; however, they may differ from those you see
when you visit Amazon.com.
(c) 2008 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Amazon, Amazon.com and the Amazon.com logo and 1-Click are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Amazon.com, 1200 12th Ave. S., Suite 1200, Seattle, WA 98144-2734.
Reference 10440380
Old 10-03-2008, 11:51 AM

Lame.
Weak.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:59 AM

It is lame but the Limited edition is dropping $10.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
It is lame but the Limited edition is dropping $10.

Good to know, thanks for the info.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:45 PM

I posted this on another topic the other day to express my mild sadness. It was one of the better Limited Editions.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-03-2008, 12:48 PM

The cards will apparently be printable online.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Has there been any word on how big the extra dungeon is? The only reason I could see keeping my LE preorder is if it's a pretty sizeable addition, but even then I'm sure it'll pop up on the marketplace before long.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 PM

cancelled my pre-order and just going to wait it out for someone to trade it in so I can get a used copy way cheaper. the $79 limited edition was a great deal. for $10 more, you'd get the figurine, 5 cards and don't know what else. but to me that itself was worth the extra $10. look at the big daddy figurine from bioshock. those figurines themselves sell for more than $10 easily. plus for those who always buy and collect the limited/collectors edition this is a let down.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Go 2 Guy View Post
cancelled my pre-order and just going to wait it out for someone to trade it in so I can get a used copy way cheaper. the $79 limited edition was a great deal. for $10 more, you'd get the figurine, 5 cards and don't know what else. but to me that itself was worth the extra $10. look at the big daddy figurine from bioshock. those figurines themselves sell for more than $10 easily. plus for those who always buy and collect the limited/collectors edition this is a let down.

The extra in-game content justifies the additional ten dollars for me. I am disappointed that they cut the other things out, though. If the MSRP hadn't been reduced I would have been angry.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
The cards will apparently be printable online.
printable to your printer with inferior stock or you can order prints with better stock? Anyway too many cuts in the packaging to lustify LE pricing. I was actually thinking of getting the LE since it was so sweet looking, terrible blunder on the part of MS.