Am I the only one who is not excited about Little Big Planet? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2008, 02:27 PM

Default Am I the only one who is not excited about Little Big Planet?

I have seen the ads... I have seen the website... I have read about the game.

Although the graphics look pretty neat at times, all the things I have seen have left me uninterested in the game. I am not sure that the game is going to go over as well as the developers hope.

It looks like something that would go very well on the Wii though.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:32 PM

No, but mainly because I want to just play a game, not design levels. I'm sure it's a game that's targeted at a specific group, and I'm just not in that group. The game could be fun, but I know that on some level, it's not my kind of game.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:37 PM

I'm not convinced that I'll actual create legitimate levels to share and sell.
I will however spend alot of time creating levels just messing around, wrecking cars, ramping cars, setting sacks on fire, electrocuting sacks, freezing sacks, launching sacks into the air from cannons, designing sacks, etc.
I'm mainly interested in the sandbox creation aspect of it, messing around with the tools available and creating my own fun little situations.
I'll also play through all the single player content and probably test out the highly rated user created content.
I could see making some custom levels just to share with friends, much the way that we used to share warcraft 3 custom levels, RPG Maker games, etc.

I don't really see why it's a game that would do well on the Wii but not on the PS3.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmonkey View Post
I don't really see why it's a game that would do well on the Wii but not on the PS3.
It just looks like a Nintendo product to me. It was just a personal observation.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
No, but mainly because I want to just play a game, not design levels. I'm sure it's a game that's targeted at a specific group, and I'm just not in that group. The game could be fun, but I know that on some level, it's not my kind of game.
I agree with you 100%.

I have never gotten into that sort of "design your own level" stuff... that is one of my problems with it.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I agree with you 100%.

I have never gotten into that sort of "design your own level" stuff... that is one of my problems with it.
My fear from what I've heard about the game is that the single player aspect of the game will be very short if anything. I heard 50% of the game is tutorial or something to that effect, so in the end, I'm not going to be getting very much gameplay out of it. I don't forsee myself hopping online to play it either (I'd rather play Warhawk or something), so it's just not in the cards for me. I'm trying to stay clear of games that provide a minimal amount of single player gameplay in lieu of online.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
My fear from what I've heard about the game is that the single player aspect of the game will be very short if anything. I heard 50% of the game is tutorial or something to that effect, so in the end, I'm not going to be getting very much gameplay out of it. I don't forsee myself hopping online to play it either (I'd rather play Warhawk or something), so it's just not in the cards for me. I'm trying to stay clear of games that provide a minimal amount of single player gameplay in lieu of online.
Well I'm guessing it's gonna be more GTA style tutorial. I don't think it's going to be designed to hinder your experience, but the "tutorial" is going to try and teach you stuff along the way without making it extremely linear. Or have missions designed around teaching you something. I can't find the words to describe it.

But there are plenty of people who are not excited about it, so I wouldn't worry.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-12-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Well I'm guessing it's gonna be more GTA style tutorial. I don't think it's going to be designed to hinder your experience, but the "tutorial" is going to try and teach you stuff along the way without making it extremely linear. Or have missions designed around teaching you something. I can't find the words to describe it.

But there are plenty of people who are not excited about it, so I wouldn't worry.
(edited due to typo in users member name)
I thought in the "LBP couldn't be done on 360" thread several posters were claiming the tutorial was chalk full of prerendered video which filled up space on the BD... If that is the case, that doesn't sound like the makeings of a GTA4 style tutorial... but I guess none of us will really know until the game is actually out there on the market.

I don't own a PS3 (yet) so obviously that kind of settles whether or not I could get the game or not... But for whatever it's worth I'm right there with godstar, this game doesn't sound particularly exciting... If I had a PS3 I'd be in as much anticipation for this as I am viva pinata (or was I guess, it's out the market now right?).

Last edited by crazzeto; 09-12-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
I thought in the "LBP couldn't be done on 360" thread several posters were claiming the tutorial was chalk full of prerendered video which filled up space on the BD... If that is the case, that doesn't sound like the makeings of a GTA4 style tutorial... but I guess none of us will really know until the game is actually out there on the market.

I don't own a PS3 (yet) so obviously that kind of settles whether or not I could get the game or not... But for whatever it's worth I'm right there with goldstar, this game doesn't sound particularly exciting... If I had a PS3 I'd be in as much anticipation for this as I am viva pinata (or was I guess, it's out the market now right?).
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it. Viva Pinata isn't my bag either, and I feel exactly the same way about both of them. I'm hoping they do have some kind of story to go along with the single player game, especially since it seems they have characters they are trying to use as mascots, but even so, it's not something that I'd want to play.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it. Viva Pinata isn't my bag either, and I feel exactly the same way about both of them. I'm hoping they do have some kind of story to go along with the single player game, especially since it seems they have characters they are trying to use as mascots, but even so, it's not something that I'd want to play.
Sorry about typoing your (member) name in my previous post, I corrected. Yeah had a few discussions about it on the SD forum, there are claims that the game has a story.... Having visited the official LBP website (or the one google claimed was the officail site) I couldn't figure out what the story and notivation behind the SP was.

Perhaps once the game is released that will be come clear? Until then I just don't see a whole lot exciting about it.