Best PS3 multiplayer keeps on getting better - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-20-2008, 02:28 PM

Default Another new Warhawk expansion pack (pics and trailer here)

edit: Operation Fallen Star Trailer!
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/20/...icial-details/

Another day, another expansion pack and new dynamic to Warhawk™, the far and away best multiplayer title on PS3.

Now, due to popular demand from players on the PS3 forums, the Jetpack makes its debut, among a sick new map with 10 configurations, and other goodies. This will follow another FREE update in the 1.5 patch which offers some interesting things as well.

Quote:
Twinkle twinkle Fallen Star

The war between Eucadian and Chernovan forces has just got even bigger with the advent of a new expansion pack for Warhawk.

Warhawk has expanded again with Operation Fallen Star, a new pack that adds even more to the massive online vehicular combat title.

Available to download from PLAYSTATION Store (PS3), Operation Fallen Star gives you a new battlefield with ten fresh battle maps and a brand new "vehicle". This third addition to the Warhawk expansion pack family introduces the remote, forested Tau Crater – the site of a crashed Chernovan experimental warship containing invaluable experimental technology.

While the Chernovans try desperately to salvage their stricken ship, the Eucadians arrive to claim it for themselves. The landscape is littered with parts of the warship and the Chernovans have brought heavy duty salvaging equipment and a huge crane to lift large pieces of the wreckage – an ideal target for the Eucadians to capture, setting the scene for some epic battles for you to engage in.

This pack expands the player’s overall Warhawk experience with ten new Tau Crater battlefields – as well as the Icarus Mk. 1 Rocket Pack: a personal rocket pack that allows soldiers to soar above the fray, escape ground troops, enter the aerial realm of the Warhawks themselves and engage in radically new combat tactics. Use this new mode of transport for a fresh take on aerial combat in all new and existing Warhawk maps.

With thousands of online gamers playing Warhawk every day, Operation Fallen Star marks the perfect time to leave the comfort zone and join the battle in the air or on the ground.
Click link for a dozen more pictures of the new map.

http://uk.playstation.com/games-medi...e-Fallen-Star/

Last edited by ps3fanboy; 08-21-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned

Thats cool, but why is this smackdown?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:32 PM

May have to play me a little warhawk. It has been a while since I done that. That looks pretty cool.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:33 PM

Have to hand it to the devs to continually support that game.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Have to hand it to the devs to continually support that game.
I say they should make a new Twisted Metal, and put the same commitment as they have with Warhawk!

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 08-20-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
I say they should make a new Twisted Metal, and put the same commitment as they have with Warhawk!
Never played Twisted metal.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Looks like the stole a page from Tribes. The jet packs were a neat way to travel on the large maps.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Never played Twisted metal.
You have lived a deprived life then.

It's like that new Death Race movie, except it's actually good and is not directed by Paul W.S. Anderson with crazy bat shit insane stories including a clown with flames coming out of his head.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 08-20-2008, 02:41 PM

Dylan Jobe, the lead developer continually listens to his audience, almost all of the updates have been direct responses to what people asked for in the playstation forums. For instance the first new map, Omega Factory was at night, as requested, and the snow level and now jetpacks, all stuff people dreamed for since almost day 1.

This game continues to have a huge cult following, and since Sony made it a greatest hits and dropped the price there are thousands of new players every day. I expect this game surpasses 1 million sold. Truth be told it should be the top selling PS3 game out there, a huge mistake for Sony to barely even promote this thing.

Dylan did say in the PS blog recently that Warhawk and its expansions are the number one grossing item in the playstation store so I think Sony is really is starting to take notice at the fan response.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3fanboy View Post
Dylan Jobe, the lead developer continually listens to his audience, almost all of the updates have been direct responses to what people asked for in the playstation forums. For instance the first new map, Omega Factory was at night, as requested, and the snow level and now jetpacks, all stuff people dreamed for since almost day 1.

This game continues to have a huge cult following, and since Sony made it a greatest hits and dropped the price there are thousands of new players every day. I expect this game surpasses 1 million sold. Truth be told it should be the top selling PS3 game out there, a huge mistake for Sony to barely even promote this thing.

Dylan did say in the PS blog recently that Warhawk and its expansions are the number one grossing item in the playstation store so I think Sony is really is starting to take notice at the fan response.
I agree, it is a great game and under promoted.