Madden 09 - horrible AI - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-12-2008, 07:58 PM

Default Madden 09 - horrible AI

whats up with the horrible AI in Madden 09? I know its been questionable in the past but this seems like an all new low. my skill level was set to my madden iq of 527 (about even with all-pro level). I've played one game so far and ...

last play of the first half, comp has the ball at my 32. comp punts

just under 10 seconds in the game, comp at my 25, with zero timeouts the comp runs the ball.

I call timeout to help the comp, and from the 24 or so the comp throws a screen
Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 PM

that's a very odd choice of playcalling by the AI. Although, I've been playing with too many online matches to notice what the AI does.

Nice avatar by the way! Tim Tebow for the Heisman again!...I'm also rooting for Harvin.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:45 AM

i have seen that a few times, stuff like those plays happening.

I have to say, I must suck on defense. I played against NY and farve had two incomplete passes all game, then played agains AZ and Leinert had 3 incomplete passes, then against NE and Brady had 2 incomplete passes...

any help on what plays might stop the pass??
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Winner View Post
whats up with the horrible AI in Madden 09? I know its been questionable in the past but this seems like an all new low. my skill level was set to my madden iq of 527 (about even with all-pro level). I've played one game so far and ...

last play of the first half, comp has the ball at my 32. comp punts

just under 10 seconds in the game, comp at my 25, with zero timeouts the comp runs the ball.

I call timeout to help the comp, and from the 24 or so the comp throws a screen
The Madden franchise is a joke. All hype and no substance. The 2K football game's blew that garbage away. That was a true football sim. The NFL must not care because they took the big payday from EA. This prove's once again competetion is the only way to go. I will just stick with my copy of APF 08 until a real football game come's along. Just like when hd dvd was killed the consumer lose's again. Could you imagine how great a football game 2k could make on the new system's using the NFL license? I urge all true football fan's not to buy Madden game's and send a message to the NFL that this type of monoply is not acceptable.

Last edited by BillythePuppet07; 08-14-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillythePuppet07 View Post
The Madden franchise is a joke. All hype and no substance. The 2K football game's blew that garbage away. That was a true football sim. The NFL must not care because they took the big payday from EA. This prove's once again competetion is the only way to go. I will just stick with my copy of APF 08 until a real football game come's along. Just like when hd dvd was killed the consumer lose's again. Could you imagine how great a football game 2k could make on the new system's using the NFL license? I urge all true football fan's not to buy Madden game's and send a message to the NFL that this type of monoply is not unacceptable.
I have always been a fan of the 2K Football series since NFL 2K but couldn't get into APF 2K8. Unfortunately, if people want to play NFL Football they are stuck with Madden until (at least) 2012. Hard to discourage Madden sales when the only other option is to suffer going without for a looooooong time...
Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillythePuppet07 View Post
I urge all true football fan's not to buy Madden game's and send a message to the NFL that this type of monoply is not unacceptable.
Although I did enjoy the 2K series and the NFL Fever series on xbox was loads better. Madden is an incredible empire, there is no force that can convince it to open the Football market up. Madden is a great game, TONS better then 2K's All Pro or Blitz wannabes. I urge all TRUE football fans to get Madden 09' and ENJOY playing football .
Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 AM

Yeah, lets protest the largest video game series in the world. It might help...in 2013.

If you like the 2k series, go play the 2k series, no one is telling you any different and no one is bashing it. I simply have an issue playing a football game with bogus teams. The NFL indeed did us a disservice by giving EA exclusive rights, but oh well, it is what it is. I personally think BOTH games would be better than they are now. Competition among developers is good for the consumer.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
I have always been a fan of the 2K Football series since NFL 2K but couldn't get into APF 2K8. Unfortunately, if people want to play NFL Football they are stuck with Madden until (at least) 2012. Hard to discourage Madden sales when the only other option is to suffer going without for a looooooong time...
I to was a little dissapointed when I first started playing APF 2K8. It just could not live up to the hype after 2k5. That was a awesome game. I just accepted 2K8 for what it is. I think I am actually starting to like it almost as much. It's cool creating your own team and seeing how well they fare against other online team's. I am hoping they release a update with some new player's, that will hold me for a while.
I refuse to play a game like Madden if I just don't enjoy it, it's crap. I have plenty of other game's to play that I actually enjoy.