Seriously, I can't be the only one excited about TNA iMPACT!... Am I? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Default Seriously, I can't be the only one excited about TNA iMPACT!... Am I?

Yeah, I fancy myself a wrestling fan, I've been on and off on the business for the last 10 years back when WCW was still in business. I stopped watching regularly I think in 1999 but stopped watching completely a few months after WWF bought the WCW in 2001. But about 2 years ago, almost, I was channel flipping and saw Sting, at which point I immediately stopped. I remembered him... Then I saw Christian... ZOMG, I remember when he was somewhat new. Then I saw Kurt Angle. Of course I remembered him. And then my full on interest was resparked and I'm an addict of TNA. It's the only TV show I watch regularly anymore, no joke. So they announced they had a video game in production, and naturally, I got excited.

I've seen trailers now and I just want the game even more. From what I understand I think it'll be good due to input from gamers on the TNA roster. Chrisitan (my favorite wrestler of all time), AJ Styles, Somoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, etc, they all have input in the game's direction and supposedly Midway is being feasible. It's a day one purchase, or at least I plan for it to be. I'm getting the PS3 version (unless there's a must-have exclusive feature for the 360 version) but platform being irrelevant, whose getting it?

Seriously, I cannot be the only one on these forums getting this game...
Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM

Yes, you're the only one...seriously.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 PM

its midway

i am not expecting much. give this to the guys who made the n64 wrestling games.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 PM

not too excited about this......

I remember in college we used to sit up all night playing wrestelmania 2000...making our characters and crap.....ah the good ol days
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 PM

I'm sad, now.... Comon, there are some closet wrestling fans here....
Old 08-07-2008, 09:36 PM

TNA is fun to watch on TV, I'm not sure about playing it. Now if there is an ECW game coming out, now we're talking! ECW! ECW! ECW!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:41 PM

Wrestling isn't what it used to be. Man those were the good ol days. Degeneration X, NWO, Austin vs. McMahon, Mick Foley, Sable (*rowr*), old school ECW (Sabu vs. Tommy Dreamer was awesome)...The monday night rating wars...Those were good times.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned

I was a huge, HUGE wrestling fan when the original ECW was around. Then when it went under I gradually lost more and more interest in wrestling.

When they did the whole WCW/ECW vs WWE thing it brought my interest back up. Then I realized how awful they handled that storyline...

I kept reading rumors about how Vince might bring back ECW. So they had the original One Night Stand PPV which was great (same for the second one). Both very much had the feel of the old ECW shows. The two PPV's taking place in the Hammerstein Ballroom in front of the diehard ECW fans probably had something to do with it.

Once again, this greatness was short lived. As the current incarnation of ECW is terrible. Hell, its a mistake even calling it ECW. Its just your typical third WWE brand. Quite generic really. Thanks in no small part to Vince McMahon.

TNA has a tendency be really cheesy (even by wrestling standards). Though it is entertaining.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyZ24 View Post
TNA is fun to watch on TV, I'm not sure about playing it. Now if there is an ECW game coming out, now we're talking! ECW! ECW! ECW!
ECW right now is a joke, and it's really not funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
I was a huge, HUGE wrestling fan when the original ECW was around. Then when it went under I gradually lost more and more interest in wrestling.

When they did the whole WCW/ECW vs WWE thing it brought my interest back up. Then I realized how awful they handled that storyline...

I kept reading rumors about how Vince might bring back ECW. So they had the original One Night Stand PPV which was great (same for the second one). Both very much had the feel of the old ECW shows. The two PPV's taking place in the Hammerstein Ballroom in front of the diehard ECW fans probably had something to do with it.

Once again, this greatness was short lived. As the current incarnation of ECW is terrible. Hell, its a mistake even calling it ECW. Its just your typical third WWE brand. Quite generic really. Thanks in no small part to Vince McMahon.

TNA has a tendency be really cheesy (even by wrestling standards). Though it is entertaining.
TNA does indeed have some terrible gimmicks going (Most offensive being Eric Young/Super Eric. Good wrestler, bad gimmick) but they have some really awesome matches.

As I see it, WWE is mostly about appealing to the widest audience possible, even at the expense of their match quality. TNA is purely about appealing to as many levels of wrestling fans, but really noone else. But any game where Somoa Joe or AJ Styles are giving input can't be bad, you know? According to wrestlers on the roster right now, Midway is being quite flexible and considerate of the input from the TNA roster.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Formerly metsfan1545d

ill buy it when its on sale but otherwise im content with the wwe games